Power and shops on Sea Princess

Outlet in main cabin is Aussie not sure about the shaver outlet in bathroom. Define reasonable price for shops :). Makeup is duty free so I like to buy some when on board. But I also buy the odd piece of jewellery and watches as well. There isn't really a lot of shops, just one with make up and jewellery on one side and the clothes and handbags, sunnies etc on the other side of the ship. You'll see them on the deck plan. Next to the clothing is the place that sells alcohol , chocs, lollies, Panadol , postcards, USB chargers in other country outlets, toothpaste and all those little things. It's not big just one room so that is your mini mart.

What is your wife looking to buy?

I'm sure others will post more comprehensive descriptions of the shops and what's in them 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks Thorpe for the information, I will do my best to keep the wife out of the shops (good luck)

She normally buys perfume, but I believe it is cheaper in Noumea so will compare on ship prices.

I haven't looked at perfume prices in Noumea, but I wouldn't have expected it to be cheaper there.

You'll have sea days after though, so can still buy later, as long as they don't sell out onboard.

Best advice is have a vague idea of what you normally pay and then if you are happy with what you see on the ship, then buy it. Somewhere in the world it will be cheaper. 😄 And best of all you are on hols just enjoy! You'll have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If it is wired the same as the Dawn and the Sun, there should also be an American point in each cabin. The TV's are plugged into an American point, but from memory, there is also an American plug on the desk. The Australian point is situated in the cavity above the fridge in most cabins.

There is not as much a "mini mart" on board, but you can buy basic toiletries, snacks and other personal items in the duty free shop. There isn't a vast choice but usually something to keep you going until you get to the next port and can get to a big supermarket.

IMO, Port Vila is reasonably cheaper than on board duty free stuff. My experience is Noumea is much more expensive than the ship.

If you are going to buy in the boutiques, do so in the first 24 hours of the cruise as Princess always has a 10% discount on most things during this time. They may have conditions though, like you have to spend a minimum of $100 to get the discount.

Enjoy your cruise.

Duty free grog was no cheaper than decent catalogue dan murthy specials. No mini mart. But some boutique styled shops. Polo shirts $50-ish dollars by the end of cruise down to $40 or so. Gold chain by the length. Wallets & handbags, jewellery galore. Saw nothing that appealed to me, & we were sailing for our anniversary so actually looking with a view to buy.

Jeweller was a deadset .......... Wouldn't buy off him on principle. We were looking at items & our table mates wandered in. Asked the jeweller how much an item was. His response, "oh you wouldn't be able to afford it". We pretty much had to restrain the husband! He is a builder from up north & earned a decent quid, based on their bar tab, & spending habits ;).

Another time my hubs was in (still trying to find the anniversary present for me :p) and same old mate was berating a sales assistant yelling about what a waste of effort the jewellery sales were & how they never made any sales!

Hence none of us would purchase anything from there!

This was Sea Prinny Dec 2013.

Edited by Cruise_me_Crazy