Intercontinental hotel Miami

Below is a short review I wrote about the hotel on biddingfortravel.com! We stayed there pre-cruise 2 years ago (can't believe it's been that long!).

Great hotel! Got it on the first try for $60/night. We really wanted South Beach, but after bidding up to $100, we gave up and decided on downtown for our precruise stay (Aug. 29th-Aug. 31st). We were so pleased with our decision! Beautiful property, excellent service and very nice rooms. We were given a room on the 13th floor with a view of the cruise ships, which was great. The room was huge and so was the bathroom! The bellhop even brought us robes and slippers. We were more than impressed with the service at this hotel. We did eat lunch in the Blue Water Cafe out by the pool and it was quite good. Another plus-- it's very close to the Bayside marketplace, and a very easy walk for dinner, shopping, etc. We are already planning our next stay at this hotel in December -- providing we can get the same great deal!

We've stayed there three times and been very pleased. You should request a room on a high floor with a cruise ship view (don't just say water view, because the hotel is triangular and there are two sides with water views). If you get up early, you can watch the Navigator dock (but it's usually pretty dark at the time). Then, as the sun rises, you get a great view of the ship -- just waiting for you to board!

The decor of the Intercontinental is modern without feeling too cold or minimalist. The walls are a warm light gold and the fabrics are striped and solid deep jewel tones -- purple, red and green. The bathrooms (which appear to be either granite or marble) vary from room to room, but all are large, with both drawers and closet space, separate vanity area, and room with toilet/tub (or toilet, tub and separate shower -- which is behind the door so it's almost hidden). Each room has a minibar and a coffeemaker.

Room service was yummy and portions were generous (we usually arrive around 7:00 p.m. and just order room service and go to bed). The multi-station breakfast buffet was very good and they didn't charge anything for our two kids, which surprised me (since they went through the buffet just like we did, and ordered milk as well).

I can e-mail you some photos, if you post your address. (I tried to attach them but couldn't get it to work.)

Beth 2001 - We are staying at this hotel at the end of September and would love to receive the photos from you. Our email is Broxy1@aol.com. Thanks in advance! Have tried to email them to request a cruise ship view but they have not replied. Also - we have a full day at the end of our cruise before we fly home to Scotland and would like to spend it relaxing as we have been to Miami a few times so don't feel the need to sightsee. Do you know if they do day passes? We asked this via email too but again no response.

We just stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago before our cruise. We really liked it, much more than the Holiday Inn that we stayed at last time. We found the staff very nice and helpful, liked being so close to Bayside (although Holiday Inn is close too), and had no prpblem at all getting cabs to the ship. We would stay there again.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for your help. I understand rci offer free transfer from the hotel to the pier and we will be told the time when we get there. But it also says you have to check out by 12 and that embarktion to the ship is at 2 (I have never heard this before we have sometimes got on the ship before 2). Does anyone no what time the transfer will be roughly?

Beth 2001 - We are staying at this hotel at the end of September and would love to receive the photos from you. Our email is Broxy1@aol.com. Thanks in advance! Have tried to email them to request a cruise ship view but they have not replied. Also - we have a full day at the end of our cruise before we fly home to Scotland and would like to spend it relaxing as we have been to Miami a few times so don't feel the need to sightsee. Do you know if they do day passes? We asked this via email too but again no response.

We will be staying at the intercontinental 17/9/05 we have stayed there a few times as we always cruise with rccl and that is the hotel they use now for pre cruise did you book the full air sea package with rccl as if you did then you should get a day room free of charge for use before you fly home get your T.A to check it out for you they should be able to tell you what hotel they use for this as they use different one on certain dates. If your T A can't help if you Email me at jewel.rennie@virgin.net and I can give you the phone number of the person who arranges the hotel bookings within the rccl organisation he is very helpful.

Archived