Carnival Breeze Help Please!

Hi -

I am hoping some of you could assist me with a few Carnival Breeze questions.

I was doing some research for an upcoming cruise, and I can get the Carnival Breeze, Carnival Legend and Carnival Valor for about the same price for a balcony.

I'm assuming the Breeze would be the best choice - being that it has more upgrades, is newer, etc.

Additionally, I've never been on this 8 night Southern Caribbean itinerary (Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba).

So here are a few questions I could use assistance with:

- Would you choose a cove balcony (category 7C) or regular balcony (category 8A, 8B, 8C or 8D)? I've heard some say that the cove balconies are great and more private, etc.

- The cove balcony I have the option of getting is cabin 2353 which is listed as a Twin/King, single sofa & upper. There are only 2 of us. Does the upper go into the ceiling so it won't take up space in the room? (sorry - I've never had a cabin with an upper before)

- Do you have any opinions/suggestions about the Breeze? Am I doing the right thing booking the breeze vs the Legend or Valor?

- Does anyone have the FUN TIMES for the Breeze 8 night cruise?

- Will the Breeze be offering the new menus or old menus? (Anyone know?)

- I'm a huge fan of the Alchemy bar, and I noticed they don't have one on this ship, but they do have other great features. Do they have any other cool bars on board instead?

Thanks for EVERYTHING!

Robert

Edited by airlinerob
Submitted by accident before done

Hi -

I am hoping some of you could assist me with a few Carnival Breeze questions.

I was doing some research for an upcoming cruise, and I can get the Carnival Breeze, Carnival Legend and Carnival Valor for about the same price for a balcony.

I'm assuming the Breeze would be the best choice - being that it has more upgrades, is newer, etc. Not necessarily. Alot of people prefer more mid-size ships. Many people looking for an emptier, quieter ship with not as much going on greatly prefer ships like the Legend. Breeze is great for the waterpark, ropes course, food options, 4D theater (at an extra cost). But it has very poor shows in the theater. Most people on these boards have been fooled by 2.0. Just label something 2.0, & they think it's awesome. All their suggestions revolve around whether something is 2.0. I don't care about the numbers. I care about what I'm looking for. Breeze has some of it for me, none of which is 2.0, but the poor shows stick out as a major negative. And unfortunately, I think the Legend was just given the bad shows.

Additionally, I've never been on this 8 night Southern Caribbean itinerary (Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba).

So here are a few questions I could use assistance with:

- Would you choose a cove balcony (category 7C) or regular balcony (category 8A, 8B, 8C or 8D)? I've heard some say that the cove balconies are great and more private, etc. If you go with Breeze, I recommend coves. I've had a suite, standard balcony, & cove balcony. The cove is the clear winner for me. Being close to the water is where it's at! Plus, they are more private. All other balconies overlook the deck 5 lanai, which sticks out from the ship & goes around the entire ship. Some parts are skinnier, but the hot tubs stick way way out & tall. Deck 6 balconies have no privacy, as anyone on the lanai can see onto the balcony. They can also see partially onto deck 7 balconies. Above that is better, but you would still see the lanai when you look down. Looking out is fine from any of them.

- The cove balcony I have the option of getting is cabin 2353 which is listed as a Twin/King, single sofa & upper. There are only 2 of us. Does the upper go into the ceiling so it won't take up space in the room? (sorry - I've never had a cabin with an upper before) On this ship, the upper bunk will go up into the ceiling. It would usually be set up fully above the sofa when in use. That room is in the most perfect location. It's directly below the dining room, which is carpeted, so you can't hear anything when it's in use. Plus, the dining room is totally empty all night long. No noise at all from above. Deck 2 below the midship dining room, like 2353, is always my top recommendation spot on ships set up like this.

- Do you have any opinions/suggestions about the Breeze? Am I doing the right thing booking the breeze vs the Legend or Valor? Read my note above. It's all about you & what you're looking for. I can't see how the Breeze could beat the Valor. I like Breeze's 2 waterslides more than Valor's 1 slide, but that's about it. I would never let what type of burgers a ship has effect my decision. And the Valor out of San Juan is the best itinerary Carnival has fleetwide. Although that one for the Breeze is also very good. Valor still has the good shows in the theater, and that tilts it clearly in favor of the Valor for me personally.

- Does anyone have the FUN TIMES for the Breeze 8 night cruise?

- Will the Breeze be offering the new menus or old menus? (Anyone know?)

- I'm a huge fan of the Alchemy bar, and I noticed they don't have one on this ship, but they do have other great features. Do they have any other cool bars on board instead?

Thanks for EVERYTHING!

Robert

I can't help much with the final questions. I don't have a scanner, and my Fun Times are a year old. I don't know when or if the new menus will spread. And I very rarely drink. But many people like the Red Frog Pub on the Breeze. It feels like a tight squeeze for me. I'm not very comfortable in there, but as I said, I don't drink.

Thank you for responding!

I've done the itinerary on the Valor (when it was the Victory doing that itinerary), and I loved it, but it was very tiring having a port nearly every day. :-)

I do enjoy a few sea days, which is why I did wind up booking the Breeze.

If anyone has any other Breeze feedback you can provide - let me know!

Robert

The most important thing I can add is that 2353 is a quad cabin. Since there are only 2 of you and quad coves are in high demand, but few in number there is a higher than odds chance that you will be bumped from that cabin if they have a quad booking that needs or wants it.

2349 and 2361 are in the same general location are the same overall size and amenities and are just doubles that you would never be bumped from.

I did that itinerary on the Breeze at Christmas last year and we liked the ship so much we booked it for New Years this year.

That itinerary is awesome except for La Romana. WE didn't get off the ship. If you don't book and excursion there is nothing in that port. A couple baseball diamonds is all.

We had an 8F balcony on the lido and picked the exact same room for this year.

I always like sailing on a newer ship, but I have sail on an older one twice.

The Breeze is nice!

This itinerary on the Breeze is awesome! I sailed during Thanksgiving in an 8C balcony on the Empress deck. Another cruise-mate sailed in a cove balcony and loved being close to the water and seeing the sea life. You can't go 'wrong' with a balcony cabin.

Please don't be discouraged by opinions of those who did not get off the ship or away from the port in La Romana. We were nervous about this port, but decided to venture out and book an excursion to Isla Seona thru Seavis Tours. So glad we did this, as we had an AMAZING time and wonderful experience.

Book a balcony.. Book an excursion in La Romana... Have an AMAZING CRUISE! :)

Sailed on the Breeze last year and personally it was the least favorite Carnival ship that I've been on thusfar.

Just beware of the super slippery floor on the Lido deck going toward the AFT of the ship. You can skate on those floors!

The wait staff was the worst that I've had on any cruise that I've been on (except the bar waitress was very funny and friendly).

The amenities were very nice and the Piano Bar was very, very popular and fun and the Jimmy C-side BBQ was incredibly good.

All in all it was an okay ship; nothing special to me but I have to admit that I am a huge fan of the Freedom (been on that one twice) and the Breeze was the first ship that I'd been on since back-to-back years on the Freedom so I guess with the 2.0 upgrades I expected more and it didn't deliver...at least not for me.

Again, to each his/her own. Many people love the Breeze...it just wasn't for me.

I did that itinerary on the Breeze at Christmas last year and we liked the ship so much we booked it for New Years this year.

That itinerary is awesome except for La Romana. WE didn't get off the ship. If you don't book and excursion there is nothing in that port. A couple baseball diamonds is all.

We had an 8F balcony on the lido and picked the exact same room for this year.

I always like sailing on a newer ship, but I have sail on an older one twice.

The Breeze is nice!

At LaRomna, we went to Alta DeChavon....beautiful area to visit for $7.00 round trip and you can come & go as you please. Lots better than staying on the ship. Please don't book it as an excursion. You can go to the local bus terminal and get tickets there...very short walk which is plainly visable. They filmed a movie there.

The other thing is why not book an aft balcony? We did and we loved it. Check out my review!

Edited by sonicbuffalo

We cruised on her last April for the first time, and fell in love.:o

Heading out in 57 days for the 8 nt. Southern.

Cannot wait.

You are going to LOVE this ship.

Brand spanking new. All the bells and whistles.

Go, and enjoy!!:D

Did this itinerary las Labor Day, and had a balcony, 7-aft just past the hot tubs and Fat Jimmy's BBQ. It was a great location to walk down to Ocean Plaza, up to the Lido, or other areas of the ship. As a poster above noted, the itinerary was great, with the exception of La Romana. The problem may have been we should have done a beach, or some other island/resort tour, but taking the shuttle into town, there was nothing there except for a crafts market, and were advised not to wander from the square for our own safety.

We were on the Breeze two weeks ago (8 of us) and absolutely loved it. In LaRomana we walked off the ship and hired a van and driver to tour us around. We went to Alta Chavon which they will tell you in advance has a small entrance fee; but it is absolutely worth it. Beautiful, beautiful area! Amphitheater where Frank Sinatra performed and a church where Michael Jackson got married. Entire village is made of stones with cobblestone streets. Your van driver will give you the story on it. My favorite ship to date and we have cruised 15 times.