Waiting for prices to drop?

bobbisailsolo

We did something similar for our last med cruise. We had a land trip booked around France for three weeks but cruise prices started plummeting. We picked three sailings on Celebrity and Princess that we liked and that would work with our dates. Right before final payment Celebrity Equinox eastern Med dropped to $999 for a balcony guarantee and Ruby Princess to $1,199 for the Grand Med balcony guarantee. We jumped on Ruby as we liked the itinerary a bit better and of course our perks and we had an FCC. I'd do it again if there were a couple of sailings that worked. Not sure I'd do it for just 1 sailing especially on a small ship.

Edited by Cruise Junky

You may have been able to get fare reductions, either on the Ruby or Royal... the OP was specifically referring to the Ocean, which is very different.

Oh, I totally agree and as I said, I wouldn't do it for just one sailing no matter which ship

If I was just going somewhere where the scenery wasn't half the reason for going then I'd be less picky, I think, and be prepared to take the risk of missing out. That is generally, because it seems the Ocean might be different from what you all say. I definitely research a ship and it's routes and sales and here on CC before I make a decision about what to do.

Edited by paddingtonbear

The OP is first choice.. Looking at the Caribbean Princess too. Also considering some HAL ,cruises as well. Since I've got over a year, and airfares are not even out, I have till at least the autumn to decide which ship I'll pursue. But I do think this could be pulled off regardless of the ship.... As I said the OP had a huge price drop at less than one month prior to sailing, with cabins available for the same itinerary I'm pursuing. And if it didn't work out, I'm sure I'd find something else I could use the air with if I chose not to return the miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk