AOS - Will I be disappointed!

Born and bred in that part of Manchester (Debdale Park), until I married 24 yrs ago. I use to work on wenlock way at ICL. I know live in chadderton.

I was raised in Denton so know the area well. Was geocaching in Debdale last weekend. And the ICL building (as well as most of the city centre) is visible from the dining room!

I was raised in Denton so know the area well. Was geocaching in Debdale last weekend. And the ICL building (as well as most of the city centre) is visible from the dining room!

Small world. I still have relatives in Denton. Do you normally book your cruises direct or through an agent? I think we might book this today. Thanks for your help.

Did a Southern Caribbean in March 2013 out of San Juan in GS1288 and absolutely loved every minute. There were many nationalities on board and I didn't notice a majority of any one in particular. Everyone we came across was very pleasant and polite. The ship (before dry dock) was in great condition for her age and the crew take great pride in her. The beds were not particularly comfortable but our delightful stateroom attendant got me an egg crate topper which helped somewhat.

We liked AOS so much that we're off again in August for 12 days from Southampton this time in Pete's suite 1324. From the pics above, it doesn't look as if anything has been renewed in the suites, furnishing, bedding, curtains and carpet looks exactly the same. I'm glad I know this before boarding as I think I may have had greater expectations from the recent dry dock.

Roll on August I say!!

Edited by cariad1000

Small world. I still have relatives in Denton. Do you normally book your cruises direct or through an agent? I think we might book this today. Thanks for your help.
I do it direct with RCI online. However, due to the current promotion in the US, it may be prudent to book via the US, but I don't know how and I'd be concerned about keeping control of it using that method, but I'm sure many on here can guide you.

Did a Southern Caribbean in March 2013 out of San Juan in GS1288 and absolutely loved every minute. There were many nationalities on board and I didn't notice a majority of any one in particular. Everyone we came across was very pleasant and polite. The ship (before dry dock) was in great condition for her age and the crew take great pride in her. The beds were not particularly comfortable but our delightful stateroom attendant got me an egg crate topper which helped somewhat.

We liked AOS so much that we're off again in August for 12 days from Southampton this time in Pete's suite 1324. From the pics above, it doesn't look as if anything has been renewed in the suites, furnishing, bedding, curtains and carpet looks exactly the same. I'm glad I know this before boarding as I think I may have had greater expectations from the recent dry dock.

Roll on August I say!!

Not sure if it was there previously, but there's now a Sony PlayStation PS3 hooked up to the flat screen TV. By the conversation we had with the head of Guest Services, these were installed into the suites during dry dock, but they didn't work, so they corrected this during the TA. Apparently DVD's and PS3 games are available from the Concierge.

Yeahhh, I've gone and booked it. Really excited, first time staying in a grand suite. We're doing a back to back from San Juan. Any advice from any one who's done this ship and route would be really appreciated. Also, what are the perks of staying in a GS? Thanks everyone.

Yeahhh, I've gone and booked it. Really excited, first time staying in a grand suite. We're doing a back to back from San Juan. Any advice from any one who's done this ship and route would be really appreciated. Also, what are the perks of staying in a GS? Thanks everyone.
Well done, you will have a great time.

Perks of a GS.

Full dining room menu available when the dining room is open to enjoy in your cabin (we used the breakfast option on a few occasions, so not just the std room service breakfast)

Access to the Concierge Lounge on deck 9 (continental breakfast, free alcoholic drinks during 'cocktail hour' each evening)

Reserved seating on the pool deck

Reserved seating in Studio B for the ice show, no tickets required

Reserved seating in the Theatre

Free pressing of 1 item on first formal night

Reserved area in MDR for breakfast

Coffee maker & kettle in cabin

Services of Concierge for booking restaurants, excursions etc

Hire of DVD's and PS3 games from the concierge

Invites to suite specific events (e.g. cocktail hour on Peek a Boo bridge to meet officers

Complimentary Bridge and Galley Tours (these may be cruise specific but was offered to us)

Binoculars in the cabin

Upgraded toiletries in the bathroom

Pool towels provided in the cabin

Robes

There maybe more, but these are what I can remember

We've sailed AOS twice and absolutely LOVED it! Are there Spanish speaking guests? Of course. You sail from PR. The kicker is that the vast majority of them speak English and they were extremely friendly and gracious. We love the people of PR and I had no problem with this whatsoever, even though we speak no Spanish. Loved our time on AOS and would do this cruise again in a heartbeat!

We just booked our first RCCL cruise on the AOS and can't wait! We have sailed twice out of San Juan w/ Carnival and LOVED the southern ports. I have no desire to do any of the Mexican ports IDK why just don't We did a Disney Bahamas cruise this past January and it was COLD and said Im going back to PR next year. Since Ive been wanting to do Aruba AOS was calling our name. So as I can't speak of the ships, the ports are AMAZING. We are doing the one w/ St Thomas (we're going to St John via Redhook), ST Kitts (amazing) and the other two ports are new. Yes, you will have alot of PR residents on the boat, but they get great last minute deals w/out the airfare. We haven't had any negative issues w/ this on our two previous Carnival ship and have even enjoyed speaking with several locals to get an idea of what their island is like. So much so this time we are planning on flying out 2 days earlier to explore more of PR than just OSJ