Radisson Resort at the Port/Restaurants

Hi We stayed at the Radisson at the port, this past May. We had 12 in our group and everyone loved the hotel, it was very clean, nice rooms, they even shuttled us to a resturant that we wanted to go to about a mile away. there is a resturant on eitherside of the hotel, i cant remember the names, we ate lunch at one, but just had salads. The hotel has a great pool also, and the next morning we were able to see the ships in port. the hotel also shuttles you to the port for free, just make sure the day you arrive at the hotel you put your names on the list for the shuttle right away.

Deb

I will second Merc's comments and would like to add that Fishlips is a good place to eat. It is not right beside the resort but rather near where the ships dock. It's easy to get to. Perhaps someone at the resort will shuttle you... depending on conditions.

Wish I were going.

Have fun.

The resort at the port is a fun place. We stayed there last year before our cruise.

We ate at The Grill's. It was very good and sits right on the port. If you go on Saturday night around 4.30 or 5 you can watch the Saturday departures sail out. It was a fun atmosphere and great food.

Thank you for the great info - it really helps out. I would love to hear more about all of the great restaurants around that area, so if anyone has any more suggestions or ideas, I would love to hear them. The more choices and info I get, the better!:p

We LOVE the Radisson at the Port! Have stayed there several times. The grounds are beautifully manicured, the pool & hot tub are great, the rooms are clean and cozy. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel - their coconut chicken is great! The only drawback is that it is not on the beach, but the pool is so nice, we didn't notice! We took advantage of the free parking and took the shuttle to the port. Very nicely organized. If you would like to see pictures of the hotel you can go to my webshots page: http://community.webshots.com/user/tispwisp

We stayed at the Radisson before our Feb. 2004 Mariner cruise. We loved our room (a two-room, two-king whirlpool suite). We booked well in advance and prepaid about $120. We'll be staying at the Radisson again in a few weeks (going on another Mariner cruise) and this time the AAA rate is $139 (no prepayment offered). The room was painted a bright coral color, and the bedspreads were a teal-colored tropical print. The furniture was white. A very Florida look and not as wild as it sounds. The whirlpool was huge and square-shaped. It sat in the corner of the bedroom. The bathroom also had a separate shower.

Last year, we had dinner at Grills (delicious), which is near the port, and watched both a Disney and a Holland America ship set sail. We noticed another seafood restaurant called Rusty's nearby. I went inside to check out the menu and the food looked good, but Rusty's wasn't nearly as popular as Grills. I think we'll be heading back to Grills again!

Before last year's cruise, we had breakfast at the little restaurant next door to the Radisson (can't remember the name). It was okay, but not terribly memorable. Since we'll have a rental car this year, we may drive back to Grills for breakfast -- the menu looks great! Here's a link to it:

http://www.visitgrills.com/menu.php

I have photos of the hotel and Grills. Post your address if you want me to e-mail them to you!

The hotel was nice. We actually got to see a rocket launch. Be sure to check if there is one when you're there. The staff was delightful. Beware, stay away from the Italian restaurant nearby. Nasty!!

We stayed at the Radisson. Very close to the port. The hotel is ok.. Pool is nice and they have great goldfish pond with huge goldfish.

They have a free shuttle and they took us to Grills and picked us up FREE. (tip of course) We had great seafood, listened to the band, and watched the boats leave Saturday night. Great way to get into vacation mode!

Enjoy your vacation.

Along the same lines can anyone recommend somewhere near or next to the hotel for a good but quick breakfast the next morning? We will have a rental car and if there is anywhere along the way to drop the car off that is worth mentioning we would really appreciate it. How far of a drive is Grills from the Radisson? Is it hard to find? Thank you!

there is a resturant on eitherside of the hotel, i cant remember the names

Just north of the hotel is Zachary's (Greek) they're open for breakfast. I've heard people rave about their food, but wasn't impressed by their gyros. South of the hotel is Kelsey's (Italian) and a Subway. Across the street is McDonald's.

I agree with the above posts, the Radisson has an awesome pool. We ate at the hotel restaurant when we were there in January. They had a Saturday buffet which included alot of seafood, beef, chicken, lamb, pork, etc. They had a couple of chefs who were grilling two different types of fish up fresh also, as well as an awesome dessert bar. It was $17 or $18 each, a very good deal considering the quality and quantity of food offerered.

I rented from Budget when I was there three weeks ago. I was able to drop my car off at the Cocoa Beach location (1/4 mile from the Radisson). Worked out well. Then took the shuttle from the Radisson to the ship. Keep in mind, you can contact the Radisson ahead of time and reserve your spot on the shuttle. I e-mailed them and they got back to me in a day or two.

We drove to Perkins for breakfast which is about 2 miles down the road (near cocoa beach pier). There's also a Publix grocery store close by where we bought our bottled water and drinks for the cruise.

We really did enjoy staying here...very clean, grounds well kept, free internet and the pool area, very nice. We took advantage of the shuttle as well to the port and left our vehicle there for the week. When we got off the ship, the vans were running constantly and there was no waiting for the van to be full. Just remember, when you get there, to put your name on the list if you intend on using their shuttle service...they do go by that list. If you have someone that cannot stand, get to the location where they leave with the shuttle early and get a seat, because they are taken quickly.

They have a coffee maker in the room, and we chose to get biscuits from McDonalds for breakfast.

Archived