MDR table capacity

Inishmore

Hi everyone. Our family of 4 is sailing on the Divina in August. Our friends, who will have 6 in their party just booked as well. Can the MDR accommodate all 10 of us at one table for dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone. Our family of 4 is sailing on the Divina in August. Our friends, who will have 6 in their party just booked as well. Can the MDR accommodate all 10 of us at one table for dinner?

Most MSC MDR tables are for 6 or 8. There are a smaller number of tables for 4 and 2. If you request a 10-table, you are likely to be squashed on to an 8-table with hardly any elbow room - I experienced this once and four of us asked to be moved to another table on subsequent niights. I am not sure about the Divina, but there is probably one 10 or larger table reserved for 'Captain's table' and not normally in use.

I was seated at a table of 10 on my last MSC cruise and there was not enough room. We were not linked bookings. Very strange as there were empty tables surrounding us.

The Maitre D then reallocated some of to a spare table.

So yes you can have a table of 10 but it will be a tight fit.

Annie

I understand there are few tables for small groups but what do you think are my chances of success to get one? My kids do not speak English fluently so it might be weird to discuss between us, excluding the others around the table, and then, having them not able to contribute to the conversation with the guests or answer questions properly...

I understand there are few tables for small groups but what do you think are my chances of success to get one? My kids do not speak English fluently so it might be weird to discuss between us, excluding the others around the table, and then, having them not able to contribute to the conversation with the guests or answer questions properly...

You can ask the Maitre' D to be seated at a table of your choice of language! On the Musica there were a couple and a professional tour guide, all German Swiss, at our table who had separately asked to be seated with English speakers and not with German speakers. In the couple's case it was for "the sense of humour" and in the tour guide's case it was to escape his clientele. It would have been funny if the whole table had been German speakers wanting to avoid German speakers. I suppose they could still have spoken in English at the table.

There are usually so many languages represented aboard MSC ships you can take your pick.

Edited by Skipper Tim