Priority Luggage Tags?

pog27

I just checked in for my July cruise on the Getaway and my luggage tags just say 'Teal'. I'm in a Haven suite and when I sailed in the Haven previously on the Epic, Pearl, and Jewel my luggage tags said 'VIP' or 'Priority' or something like that and were mailed. Is NCL no longer doing that? No priority status for my luggage? :( haha

I just checked in for my July cruise on the Getaway and my luggage tags just say 'Teal'. I'm in a Haven suite and when I sailed in the Haven previously on the Epic, Pearl, and Jewel my luggage tags said 'VIP' or 'Priority' or something like that and were mailed. Is NCL no longer doing that? No priority status for my luggage? :( haha

I got mine in the mail about seven weeks prior to my upcoming cruise. They say priority on them. Maybe yours are on the way?

That is awful. Having cruised previously in a Haven suite, it is certainly not right that your luggage is not treated as priority. Just how will you cope with that situation? You have my utmost sympathy.

Just ignore the post previous to this one. Sometimes it's better to place some CC members on your ignore list right away.

If you're within 55 days and have received an email already you may want to ask the question there. We were in a suite in December 2013 and received our Priority Luggage Tags about 2 weeks prior to our sail date.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise :D

PS: Teal is the color to indicate Haven - you see that when you look at haven suites now.

Edited by B6ConMe

Haha thanks for all of the information! It sounds like they do still send out priority luggage tags in the mail I just have to be patient. I only booked a week ago so I'm not surprised I haven't received them yet. It's just weird the ones online don't say priority.

Haha, these tags are a family joke for us. We are Platinum, have been for years and sail in everything from inside to suite. Sometimes they say VIP or Priority and sometimes they say nothing. Funny thing is we've never received our luggage any quicker than anyone else no matter what the tags say.

Our last cruise on the Jewel March 30, we sailed in two inside cabins with 4 grandchildren. My hubby's office lady doctored up the tags to include the "VIP" before printing copies. It didn't work, we still received our luggage 5 pmish. we got a good laugh anyway.

Next cruise is on the Getaway September 6. We booked a courtyard penthouse as a reward to ourselves for putting up with each other for 39 years (anniversary). We will see what they say this time. :-)

Our tags for the past several cruises have all been suites/Haven, they always say priority and luggage always arrives about the same time as all the others. Never received them before 5 pm and never later than 8.

We usually board the ship between 10:30 and 11.

I am booked in an inside cabin for my upcoming cruise and downloaded "purple" tags. I think that means they dunk your luggage in the ocean first. :p

Haha... you're funny.. :p

Our suite tags were purple too and our bags were in our cabin when we got there after lunch. (think it was around 1:30)

The tags saying priority definitely doesn't speed up delivery. :D

As you just booked you may not receive tags. If you don't just print them out or grab tags from the porters at the pier.

Exactly right. The word priority means nothing but makes some Haven passengers feel "special." I have cruised NCL in numerous suites and regular cabins. Absolutely NO difference on how fast your luggage arrives. In fact, some of the suite cruises has the latest arriving luggage.