REVIEW: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean - 4/5/14 thru 4/12/14

More pictures of Victory leaving:

IMG_6362-1.jpg

IMG_6364-1.jpg

I was lucky enough to get a picture of Victory’s big screen as it said “Adios Miami, Hello Fun!” I didn’t see that on Liberty’s so glad I got Victory’s.

"Adios Miami, Hello Fun!" - Victory's Sail Away/Deck party in full swing:

100_8141-1.jpg

100_8142-1.jpg

100_8146-1.jpg

100_8151-1.jpg

If any of you reading were on Victory on the April 5th sailing, this is you guys. Enjoy the pics. If any of you (Victory passengers) have pictures of Liberty as you were leaving, please feel free to post. I’d love to have some.

Now it's time for one of these:

100_8118-1.jpg

pghsteelerfan,

Yumm! Can't wait 'til my next Guy's which will also be on Liberty. Pics and detail much appreciated!

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one that takes multiple pics from plane windows then googles later to see, or make sure of, what I saw. :D

We saw this boat right after Victory headed out and before Liberty pulled away from the dock. I can't remember if it was the pilot boat or not:

100_8148-1.jpg

100_8149-1.jpg

As Victory got further away, we noticed the water moving below Liberty. It was finally our turn. Liberty slowly moved from the dock and headed up the channel. The party had started and they were playing the typical dance songs, “The Wobble”, “Cupid Shuffle” and a few others I was familiar with from our Valor cruise last year but don’t know the names. We were thinking about going to one of the bars for a “Funship Special” but I didn’t want to chance losing our spots. It was tight and others were trying to squeeze in and we all tried to make room but there is only so much room. Many others were down on the Lido Deck 9 dancing to the music. One of the bar waiters finally came around with “Funship Specials”…in the “Whale Tail” (Funnel) cups! We each got one, even though we have a couple from previous cruises. Yeah, we keep all of that fun stuff and I like that Carnival has some of the coolest souvenir keeper cups.

"Funship Special" in the Funnel Souvenir cup:

100_8135-1.jpg

Even though we sailed out of Miami in 2010 on Carnival Glory, I still love the views sailing out of Miami and got a lot of pictures. On the way out to the Atlantic, we sail along MacArthur Causeway, the road that takes you over to Miami (South) Beach. While watching the traffic, several of us noticed someone run their car into the back of another. Oops.

Fender bender - nothing like "rubber necking" from a cruise ship:

IMG_6372-1.jpg

IMG_6372-2.jpg

Miami Tour Bus:

100_8154-1.jpg

How wonderful were the pics of DC My DH and I were both born in DC many many years age. It was great to see the stadiums; we are Redskins and Nationals fans. I could actually see the area I lived when in High School'

again thank you for your great review.

we just got off of the Liberty on May 9th and had a great time. she is a pretty ship.

dot

More sail away pictures:

IMG_6400-1.jpg

IMG_6402-1.jpg

IMG_6405-1.jpg

We also pass a marina with some nice looking boats and right after that, we’re passing the South Beach area and the large buildings, which someone told us weren’t offices buildings. They are mainly condos. Nice views. They were dredging the channel, so all of the dredging equipment was there this time. I got more pictures even though I have a lot from our Glory cruise. My favorite spot was approaching…Miami Beach (South Beach) and sailing out into the Atlantic. I got a lot more pictures of that too. It was such a beautiful day for sail away. The other two ships seemed to be heading straight out and we were still following Victory, which I think was headed to Jamaica.

The marina:

IMG_6407-1.jpg

IMG_6412-1.jpg

Another boat passing us:

IMG_6409-1.jpg

I am loving your review! Excellent photos too!

re the photo of the gulls flying; I have never seen gulls flying in formation like that, only ever have seen geese doing that. I live in Canada! We have gulls all over but never seen them do that before.

I am subscribing to your review:)

We took a walk up to Spa Deck 11 for more views and got more pictures of Victory. Earlier I mentioned that we had friends who were on Victory in January. I thought it was Victory that they sailed on and let her know when we got home that I had a bunch of pictures of Victory, if she’d like them. It turns out that the ship they were on was Liberty! Anyway, I got a lot of pictures of Victory.

We also got pictures with views looking back toward Miami and spent some time up there before heading back to Lido to hook up with another “Funship Special”, which we got in regular bar glasses this time since we had our Funnel Cups already.

A couple more views back toward Miami:

IMG_6464-1.jpg

IMG_6465-1.jpg

On our way back down to the Lido Deck for another "Funship Special" I got a picture of the basketball/volleyball area:

IMG_6469-1.jpg

Our next stop, the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar:

IMG_6470-1.jpg

A couple of pics while we waited for our drinks:

IMG_6471-1.jpg

IMG_6473-1.jpg

We didn't get any more "Funnel" cups because I got a request for some Coconut Monkey’s for a few friends and I was also looking forward to the new “Blue Fish” cup that I’d seen in other reviews. They didn’t have that one last year on Valor yet. I had to be conscientious of what I was getting and how I was going to get it back. After we got our drinks we went to see if the “Fun Shops” were open yet so I could get my lanyard for my Sail & Sign card. I get a new one for each cruise. They have both blue and red and have “Carnival” on them but I’d really love it if they’d have the ship’s name on them as well. I also get a ship model and a ship ornament from each cruise. We have a display for those. There were a few others waiting for the shops to open and a crew member told us they were supposed to be open and that the employees were in a meeting that’s running late. A meeting? OK. We waited a few minutes and gave up. Others left too and the poor crew member was telling us “please don’t leave, they’ll open in a few minutes”. We let him know we had no hurry and would come back a little while later.

We decided to head back to our cabin to get showered and ready for dinner then would go back down to the Fun Shops since they would be open by then. When we got to our cabin went out on the balcony for a couple of pictures.

IMG_6474-1.jpg

IMG_6475-1.jpg

Our towel animal, either a dog or a bunny, was waiting for us on the bed along with the next edition of the “Fun Times” for tomorrow’s Sea Day.

IMG_6476-1.jpg

After we got our showers and ready, we noticed that it was getting close to sunset time so we went out on our balcony for sunset and pictures. We were in for a real treat, since this was one of the best, if not the best, sunset we’ve ever gotten to see while on a cruise. There were a few clouds but it was clear on the horizon and we were able to see the sun set completely. We were hoping to see that “green flash” I’m always reading about here on Cruise Critic, but we didn’t see it.

IMG_6486-1.jpg

IMG_6487-1.jpg

IMG_6488-1.jpg

• Like 1

Looking forward to the rest of yinz review ,I am a Steeler fan also,Lived in PA .,but in South Carolina now.We are Carnival loyal cruisers and going on the Liberty in September ,so will be reading your review intently.

A fellow "Yinzer", yeah!!! After the winter we had, I sure wouldn't mind living in South Carolina. Thank you for following and I hope you enjoy the rest I have to come. How 'bout those Penguins? I hope they bring Stanley home. :)