S. Caribbean - Favorite Excursions

Doctorsbaby

I will apologize in advance as I am only interested in excursions offered through Carnival. I know many of you book excursions separately (& much cheaper) but that will not work for us on this cruise. Our daughter will stay in Camp Carnival and I have too much anxiety about something going wrong if we are not on a ship sponsored excursion and us missing the ship.

We are going to be on the Valor for the 8/31 sailing and I would like to know your favorite excursions for the ports. We love snorkeling, laying on the beach and just generally exploring. DH loves taking pictures

San Juan, Puerto Rico
St. Thomas, USVI
Barbados
St. Lucia, WI
St Kitts, WI
St. Maarten, NA

We did a Carnival excursion in Barbados a few years ago that was a blast.
I am not sure of the name, but we were in the back of a pickup truck fitted with 10 seats and a canopy.
We toured the island, went through the sugar canes and jungle... then had a beach break. So much fun and gorgeous.

Catrin

We've done the Catamaran to St. John while we were in St. Thomas and absolutely loved it! The water was so clear and we were actually able to see some sea turtles while we were in the water! If I remember correctly, food and drink was included.

We also loved the Pitons in St. Lucia, although we didn't go with a ship sponsored tour for that one. If they have one, I would definitely look into it!

We absolutely love the Americas Cup sailing in St Martin. What a blast, Do as much or little as you want. A little friendly competition.
It's one of the best excursion we have ever done.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Have fun planning a wonderful cruise with a great itinerary! :)
Here are some we like that you can book through the ship:
[U]St. Thomas [/U]... Carnival offers several excursions to St. John which are all worth doing. You might really like the snorkel one to Trunk Bay.
[U]Barbados[/U] .... Don't miss taking the catamaran to swim with the turtles.
[U]St. Lucia [/U].... Best is the one offered that takes you by water both ways to view the Pitons with a beach stop.
[U]St. Kitts [/U].... Do the sailing catamaran offered that takes you to Nevis.
[U]St. Maarten [/U].... The Americas Cup is a good one. So is Golden Eagle catamaran. :D
LuLu[/SIZE][/FONT]

In St Thomas, we just walked over to the tram for Paradise Point. I think you can buy the ticket through Carnival for $20 and just walk over and take as much times as you want. We spent about 2 hours walking around enjoying the view.

In Barbados, we went Catamaran w/ turtles. Its was a whole lot of fun. Catamaran took us to a spot to go snorkeling. They threw food in the water to attract the turtles so they were swimming all around us. After, they took us to a beach to swim. For whatever reason, they couldn't beach the catamaran. I think they brought it pretty close to shore, like maybe knee/waist deep water. I ended up sunbathing on the netting of the boat. Then they took us on the sailing part of the excursion and we sailed along the coast. I think it was well worth the $75pp. The rum (MT Gay Rum) was [I]flowing[/I] after the snorkeling part. They also had Banks beer, a Barbados brew. It was pretty good, we bought a 6pack to take home with us on the way back to the ship.
[url]http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/413068[/url]

[quote name='Bases5']We absolutely love the Americas Cup sailing in St Martin. What a blast, Do as much or little as you want. A little friendly competition.
It's one of the best excursion we have ever done.[/QUOTE]

My DH and DS did the America's Cup sailing excursion through Carnival. You have to work hard, but they loved it. You also have to love sailing to enjoy it.

We didn't do these things through Carnival but if Carnival has tours that take you snorkeling in Barbados and St. Lucia...do those. We loved snorkeling on those two islands. We saw so much beautiful underwater creatures and scenery! Also, if they offer excursions into the rain forest...that was an awesome thing to do also. In San Juan the DH and DS went on...I believe it may have been through Carnival...but not sure...kayak tour to the bioluminescent bay. They said it was one of the best excursions they've ever been on. I wasn't able to go with them there or on the sailing excursion because I had a back injury at the time. It is my hope to go back to these places and do them with the DH and DS sometime in the future.

Also, join in on your ship's Roll Call, and you'll find all kinds of info there as to what your fellow cruisers are going to be doing.

Whatever excursions you decide on, I hope your family as an amazing cruise!:D

[quote name='mousey']My DH and DS did the America's Cup sailing excursion through Carnival. You have to work hard, but they loved it. You also have to love sailing to enjoy it.

We didn't do these things through Carnival but if Carnival has tours that take you snorkeling in Barbados and St. Lucia...do those. We loved snorkeling on those two islands. We saw so much beautiful underwater creatures and scenery! Also, if they offer excursions into the rain forest...that was an awesome thing to do also. In San Juan the DH and DS went on...I believe it may have been through Carnival...but not sure...kayak tour to the bioluminescent bay. They said it was one of the best excursions they've ever been on. I wasn't able to go with them there or on the sailing excursion because I had a back injury at the time. It is my hope to go back to these places and do them with the DH and DS sometime in the future.

Also, join in on your ship's Roll Call, and you'll find all kinds of info there as to what your fellow cruisers are going to be doing.

Whatever excursions you decide on, I hope your family as an amazing cruise!:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions! The roll call is dead, only me and one other person so far but I'm hoping it will pickup as the date gets closer.

We love cruising and is our preferred family vacation right now. I'm looking forward to this cruise because I've never been to any if the ports & its been years since DH went to any. It's just such an awesome itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='LilMissScareAll']In St Thomas, we just walked over to the tram for Paradise Point. I think you can buy the ticket through Carnival for $20 and just walk over and take as much times as you want. We spent about 2 hours walking around enjoying the view.

In Barbados, we went Catamaran w/ turtles. Its was a whole lot of fun. Catamaran took us to a spot to go snorkeling. They threw food in the water to attract the turtles so they were swimming all around us. After, they took us to a beach to swim. For whatever reason, they couldn't beach the catamaran. I think they brought it pretty close to shore, like maybe knee/waist deep water. I ended up sunbathing on the netting of the boat. Then they took us on the sailing part of the excursion and we sailed along the coast. I think it was well worth the $75pp. The rum (MT Gay Rum) was [I]flowing[/I] after the snorkeling part. They also had Banks beer, a Barbados brew. It was pretty good, we bought a 6pack to take home with us on the way back to the ship.
[url]http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/413068[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk