What do you consider a good deal for RT air to Barcelona?

Royal Caribbean quoted us $1150 for air RT to Barcelona (We live in the midwest). It's at $990 now with 2 connections and 1175 with one connection booking direct with the airline.

What have you paid in the past and/or considered a good deal?

I live on the West coast and we bought open-jawed tickets, Las Vegas to Venice and Barcelona to Las Vegas for $1052 pp, for our trip this June, so I would think a round trip ticket would be a little less.

I am not sure when your trip is, but I wouldn't buy the airfare too soon, probably no more than 4-6 months out. The rates usually get better the closer you are to flying.

I would stay far, far away from letting the cruise line do your airline arrangements.

Keep shopping. We are flying to Barcelona from LAX for $801 roundtrip this October, including 2 free nights in London. It's nonstop LAX to London, then London to Barcelona, which is about 1 1/2 hours. Coming back it's the same connection in London.

Check bestfares.com and keep an eye on their Europe fares.

Right now their "window" for return dates ends 12/15/05.

Use Caution - One thing I ran across when booking my mom's flight to Barcelona with a connection through London - look at the into/out of airports very carefully. BA especially seems to do many flights where you go into Heathrow then out of Gatwick, requiring you to clear customs and transfer airports via bus for your connection (at your own expense of course) and then redo the security check in.

Could make for a very long flight!

We just booked our flight to Barcelona and 5 days at a 4 star for 747 per person. That's a good deal for me ;) (We're flying from Houston Bush with British Airways)

Check prices flight+hotel in a few well known web sites and you'll be amazed at the prices. We also rented the car at the airline website and got a rate less than 50% off another places.

Good luck in your search.:)

Good point, Barb. Ours are all in and out of Heathrow, but I've read posts on the Europe board where people are asking about this dual airport transfers in London.

I realized this last year when I helped my DS#2 plan a trip to Europe. He came into Heathrow, but flew out of Gatwick on Ryanair. It was OK, because he had an overnight stay, but I didn't want any part of that.

Yes, people should check their connections carefully.

Hi! We have three couples going to do the Voyager of the Sea next June, from Barcelona. We live in Pa. and last week the best air we got on BA was $365 rt, I waited, figuring it would still be there this week, and now the best I can get out of Phila. is $515, figured I'd check Newark and the best price was $405, on Alitalia. Do you think we should buy the air now or play the waiting game? Thanks.

Buy your airfare as soon as you can. We are on the west coast and have to fly out of Phoenix. From PHX to BCN we paid 638. Bought as soon as the dates were available. Only bad part for us is the four hour layover in London. Check our prices weekly and it just keeps going up except for one time when it was lower and that was by only eight dollars. Its now 1108 for our same flights for October.

Only bad part for us is the four hour layover in London.

Heathrow Airport is awesome! There is a lot of shopping you can do in that 4 hour period!!!

As for us, I am looking at airfare to BCN from JFK and the direct flight on Delta is more then what RCL is charging. I was going to book with RCL, this way I would get the transfers also, but the prices they are charging for the hotels in Barcelona is CRAZY!!! I will check out BA now, I just don't want to have to connect through Heathrow & Gatwick.

Also - For anyone who has gone before, if you book airfare & the hotel through RCL, and do the precruise for 1 night in Barcelona, are there tours available through RCL for the extra day in Barcelona, or are you on your own for a tour?

I think the $400 range airfares are phenomenal. I would jump on them in a New York Minute. For some reason, airfare to Spain always seems quite a bit higher than to France, England or Italy; and Barcelona seems to be the most expensive of all. I usually have seen $1000 as the benchmark from MSP, my home airport.

Archived