Specialty Reataurant Packages ??

curtdesilets

It seems you can save some $$ if you buy 3, 4 or 5 specialty restaurant nights in advance.

Anyone hear know the breakdown of the packages?

Do they offer different prices on board than if you buy before the cruise?

What is the best option to save money on these things, as it seems the trend in cruising is now to do more and more specialty restaurants?

Any help in this regard would be awesome. :)

We booked the 3 package for our recent eclipse cruise. I didn't see any better deal when on board but may have missed it. The booking said that celebrity would choose a restaurant on embarkation day and then we could choose the rest but we'd have to eat in all 3 and not do one twice.

But when we got on board there wasn't any information about which restaurant was booked in our stateroom so we went down to reservations (the phone was permanently engaged) and they looked really blank and said we could book whenever we wanted and choose which ones to eat in.

It may vary from ship to ship, we were confused expecting something based on the website and finding it not to be the case but we preferred how eclipse did it being giving us full choice.

we were on Millie which has just Olympic and Qsine and chose the 5 dinner package. We HAD to have 3 in Olympic and 2 in Qsine. The first HAD to be taken on embarkation day (the day that there are offers as it is quiet there) and could choose whichever night thereafter. The MD said we could not alter the number of times we went in any particular venue due to the charges being allocated to the restaurant. Offers were made to us on port days - a $10 reduction in the theatre, but I believe this varies from ship to ship as to where they do it and how many times. You are unlikely to get a reduced rate for formal nights as this is when they are busiest with people not wanting to dress in tuxes although there were some. 5 or 3 package is the cheapest way but they are not very flexible on where you may dine

we were on Millie which has just Olympic and Qsine and chose the 5 dinner package. We HAD to have 3 in Olympic and 2 in Qsine. The first HAD to be taken on embarkation day (the day that there are offers as it is quiet there) and could choose whichever night thereafter. The MD said we could not alter the number of times we went in any particular venue due to the charges being allocated to the restaurant. Offers were made to us on port days - a $10 reduction in the theatre, but I believe this varies from ship to ship as to where they do it and how many times. You are unlikely to get a reduced rate for formal nights as this is when they are busiest with people not wanting to dress in tuxes although there were some. 5 or 3 package is the cheapest way but they are not very flexible on where you may dine

Did you buy the packages on the ship? We pre-purchased ours and there was no restrictions whatsoever on which nights or where we could dine. But as you mention formal nights are the busiest and it is wise to pre-book these.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did you buy the packages on the ship? We pre-purchased ours and there was no restrictions whatsoever on which nights or where we could dine. But as you mention formal nights are the busiest and it is wise to pre-book these.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We purchased our package online and it asked as soon as we booked,which night - 1st or 2nd night as the ship was overnighting in port - and could only select Olympic for the first reservation. The others we could only book once on board which we did as soon as we boarded and had no trouble getting the nights and times we wanted (8pm) -3 of them on formal nights except for the one which fell on Valentines night and had to go to 8.30pm -2 more for olympic and 2 for Qsine. There could be different rules for other ships that have more restaurant choice but I would still book the nights you definately want as soon as you board just to make sure.

You can also book the ultimate dining package when on board. This is for folks that want to eat in specialty restaurants every night. The package also includes unlimited lunches at porch and bistro, and lunch at lawn club when offered. We did this on the 2/8 reflection sailing and it was great. You can choose to eat at any restaurant you want any number of times. The cost was 203.00 PP for the week, which saves a little bit if you were to book separate.

You can also book the ultimate dining package when on board. This is for folks that want to eat in specialty restaurants every night. The package also includes unlimited lunches at porch and bistro, and lunch at lawn club when offered. We did this on the 2/8 reflection sailing and it was great. You can choose to eat at any restaurant you want any number of times. The cost was 203.00 PP for the week, which saves a little bit if you were to book separate.

That could be worth considering as DW suggested that we forego AQ and Blu and go to verandah and use the difference we would have paid to pay for the UDP. We chose Aqua primarily for Blu as we're dont take particular advantage of the Spa. I didnt realise that the lunches were included too. Seems good value for a week but it is a frightening thought that because we like longer cruises - B2B 28days - that it would then cost us $1600 for the whole trip :eek: Will have to do some calculating here or maybe do 14 days of it hmmm food for thought - literally. Thanks for info

I was looking at buying the 5 meal package and wondered how many times we could eat in a particular restaurant.

The information is on the website. Which ship are you looking at? A standard 5 night package on the S class is 2 in silk Harvest/Quisine, 2 in Tuscan Grille and 1 in Murano

The information is on the website. Which ship are you looking at? A standard 5 night package on the S class is 2 in silk Harvest/Quisine, 2 in Tuscan Grille and 1 in Murano

Solstice for next year. I just want to have my ducks in a row.