Compasses from Legend in Norway 2014

Hi everybody!

Our family just got off of the Legend yesterday. We had a great time--the scenery is amazing. Knowing it was the first run of this itinerary this year, I saved and scanned all of the compasses. They can be found on my blog, here:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/2014/05/legend-of-seas-8-night-cruises-to.html

I will get blog post sup in the next week with stories from post and photos (and more photos) of lovely Norway. I will also do a post about the drink packages (we had one premium and one replenish) with photos of bar menus--but I wanted to be sure to get these scans up ASAP as I know people are probably leaving for flights to Copenhagen in the next few days for the next trip.

If you have any questions, blogger blocks comments at times, in spite of my settings being wide open, so if you run into that, feel free to ask here as well.

Thanks!! we are thinking of doing this cruise next summer!!! Can not wait for the pictures and review!!

I am glad they are helpful to you :)

I will try to have photos and review going up soon--but I can tell you BOOK! I have been many places, but boy oh boy does Norway live up to its reputation as beautiful in a way nowhere else does! It was stunning, day after day. We can't wait to go back.

Thank you so much! We are leaving on the 7 day itinerary in a few weeks.

I noticed on the compass it says no food may be taken off or brought on the ship. I am used to the taken off part, but was unaware we couldn't bright food back on the ship. Did you experience the "full quarantine search?"

I have no intention of breaking the rules. I was just wondering if RCI has it right in the compass. I was hoping to bring some candy back.

Thank you so much! We are leaving on the 7 day itinerary in a few weeks.

I noticed on the compass it says no food may be taken off or brought on the ship. I am used to the taken off part, but was unaware we couldn't bright food back on the ship. Did you experience the "full quarantine search?"

I have no intention of breaking the rules. I was just wondering if RCI has it right in the compass. I was hoping to bring some candy back.

You are observant! I never even noticed that.

I don't you will have any issue with candy. Some friends we met onboard bought "brown cheese" that was in sealed plastic packaging and brought that to trivia one night for everyone to share. I think anything sealed that you have not opened, would be fine.

You are observant! I never even noticed that.

I don't you will have any issue with candy. Some friends we met onboard bought "brown cheese" that was in sealed plastic packaging and brought that to trivia one night for everyone to share. I think anything sealed that you have not opened, would be fine.

Thank you! We are visiting the Herdalseter farm and I was hoping to bring some brown cheese back in addition to some chocolate. I know these can be brought back to the US, so I figured Norway to Denmark would be okay too.

I just got all the photos that got downloaded various place back this evening--so will have a blog up about that day later tonight :)

The staff was not super friendly (but they were also training a bunch of people, hopefully it will get better), but things moved quickly and we were on the ship by 11:15 and it seems we could have been on sooner had we gotten to the pier faster (we got caught up in closed streets due to construction downtown).

Also, the porters were a bit confused and it took about 5 minutes to get someone to just take our 3 bags, even though there were multiple porters standing around looking confused and not doing anything. Again, it was the first cruise out of a band new terminal and I expect that will get better.

The new terminal is still just a warehouse, and bathrooms are only once you are inside security. I think the normal lines were only 4 or 5 groups deep, if that, when we arrived at about 11:00, or a bit before and there was no line at all for higher tier cruisers or suites at that point.

If you were to have any wait (we did not, and were allowed to board as soon as we checked in), they had people selling soda and dining packages in the terminal if wanted. I did not see any water or snacks or any place to buy those items (not yet anyway).

Edited by NHDisneylover

I just got all the photos that got downloaded various place back this evening--so will have a blog up about that day later tonight :)

The staff was not super friendly (but they were also training a bunch of people, hopefully it will get better), but things moved quickly and we were on the ship by 11:15 and it seems we could have been on sooner had we gotten to the pier faster (we got caught up in closed streets due to construction downtown).

Also, the porters were a bit confused and it took about 5 minutes to get someone to just take our 3 bags, even though there were multiple porters standing around looking confused and not doing anything. Again, it was the first cruise out of a band new terminal and I expect that will get better.

The new terminal is still just a warehouse, and bathrooms are only once you are inside security. I think the normal lines were only 4 or 5 groups deep, if that, when we arrived at about 11:00, or a bit before and there was no line at all for higher tier cruisers or suites at that point.

If you were to have any wait (we did not, and were allowed to board as soon as we checked in), they had people selling soda and dining packages in the terminal if wanted. I did not see any water or snacks or any place to buy those items (not yet anyway).

You said " new terminal". What terminal/ pier does it go out of? We will be on the May 31 sailing but leaving the US tomorrow...taking a Baltics cruise first.

Thanks!

Ruth

We had a heck of a time tracking that name down! In the end, the parking guys knew "brand new pier" so it was a non issue :)

It is this:

Oceankaj in Nordhavnen

(note: we sailed from this pier, presumably all the sailings will, but I do not actually know where your would go from).

Also of note, I looked for a public bus stop near the terminal. It is possible it was simply not up yet, but there was nothing within easy walking distance (with luggage) of the terminal, or anything visible from there at all--and there was still a LOT of construction on adjacent lots of streets. We saw two groups hauling luggage themselves by foot towards the main roads, and both looked miserable.

Personally, unless something has changed, I would recommend taking a taxi right up to the terminal building (and I tend to be cheap and like to walk!).

Perhaps someone who took public transit and had first hand experience and maybe fund a stop I failed to see) will chime in with better information.

There WERE hop on/hop off buses picking up. So if you were heading to a hotel and then using the buses the rest of the day, that might work out.

Edited by NHDisneylover

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post that I finally got up a blog entry with photos of our wheelchair accessible stateroom. I did not get to that in the midst of the trip report posts otherwise, but thought it might be helpful to some.

Here it is, if anyone needs it:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/2014/07/wheelchair-accessible-junior-suite-on.html