Obstructed view on Carnival Miracle balcony rooms

Has anybody cruise on Carnival Miracle?

I am wondering how the balcony rooms with obstructed view are?

Does one get to see anything at all?

Is it worth it to pay 200 more for obstructed view balcony room?

How much obstruction are the views?

It looks like they are blocked by life boats.

Which room is the better room ? Obstruction by mid life boat or end of life boat?

Clara

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The obstructed view balcony cabins are only on deck 5 on spirit class ships (Miracle, Legend etc)

You will have a panoramic view forwards and side to side but not straight down as the lifeboars are below on deck 4. If you book a balcony that is more inbetween lifeboats (next to an oblong shape instead of the long oval of deck plan) you will get some below view.

Also, the balconies near the line of 3 lifeboats on either side have more of an obstructed view than the line of more lifeboats (I think its a row of 6 on each side) so try and avoid the balconies that are near the smaller line of 3 lifeboats as the lifeboats are placed higher up to block the view more.

I personally think an extra 200 is steep for a balcony room when spirit class ships have the hidden 'falcony' 4k rooms which are on deck 4. If you book a room between lifeboats (like above) you will get an ocean view for an interior price (not panoramic though due to lifeboats) and are able to open the french doors for fresh air. Worth a look anyway. We are on the same class ship in August and have booked a 'falcony' 4k room...its the same cabin as we had last year and we loved it for the price!

Edited by Velvetwater

Thanks...so I will have to ask for a falcony 4 k room ...

Clara

Thats my advice...but please look at the deck plan to ensure that you get one inbetween lifeboats... 4149 and 4148 are good examples as you see they are next to a long oblong shape. If you book a room thats next to the long oval shape then you will get fresh air but the whole view will be blocked by a lifeboat.

You cannot step out of the 'falcony' french doors but the fresh air is fab! :)

So 5150and 5151 is okay?

Any obstructed BALCONY you book will always give you a sea view as its a balcony above the lifeboats and these are 6 categories....always on deck 5. Good choices = 5150 and 5151 (as you suggested) bad choices = 5231, 5236

Any Obstructed FRENCH DOOR will give you fresh air but you cannot step out the doors as the lifeboats are outside and these are 4k categories....always on deck 4. Good choices =4133, 4114 bad choices = 4137, 4109...these are over 200 dollars cheaper and cheaper than Ocean views.

These are the 2 obstructed types of cabin on spirit class and are not be confused although both will give you a great cabin. Theres probably porthole obstructed but you dont want to bother with those lol.

The pictures are of an obstructed view balcony cabin on deck 5, the category you initially asked about. We were in one for our cruise to Hawaii in Sept. and they're perfectly fine. We had cabin #5189. There's a row of 6 lifeboats, some free space and then a row of 3 lifeboats toward the stern. For the least obstructed cabins, choose a cabin from about 5169 back. The first 3 boats on each side have a higher roof and obstruct more of the balconies than the ones behind them.

Deck 5 7A'cabins are obstructed - there is a lifeboat hanging about the level of your balcony floor - still plenty of view - pick a cabin behind the first three lifeboats and perpsonally I prefer the balconies that have the level part of the lifeboat in front of them .ie 5172, 5178

The " French door " cabins are on Deck 4 - in that case it is nice to get a cabin between lifeboats - like 4138 , 4140.

As long as you pick a room behind the first three lifeboats you will be fine. The first three lifeboats in the forward section are larger and taller and block more of your view. The smaller lifeboats come up to about your foot level and don't block the view across.

A French door cabin is not a balcony cabin and it is not called a balcony cabin when you go to select your stateroom. It is called an "interior cabin with French door obstructed view" (or something along those lines) -- it is category 4K.

My mom and I stayed in one of these cabins last year on the Pride. I *think* those cabins are only available on Sporit class ships. What's nice about the, is that you can get the interior layout of a balcony cabin (with sofa) and French doors that let light in for the price of an interior cabin. What's. It great is that you basically will have two doors where a balcony would normally be and you'll have a lifeboat in front of them. So, you will be able to see a liver of ocean and maybe let a little fresh air in, but that's it. There is no actual balcony, just doors and a railing.

If you want a cabin that you can stand and sit on, you need to book a balcony cabin --regardless of whether it has obstructed views or not. If you book an obstructed view balcony, all that means is that there is a lifeboat that blocks your view down. You will still be able to look out perfectly fine. A regular balcony means that you won't have a lifeboat right below you -- but always look at the deck layout, because all ships are different and have different balcony configurations. But this is the general idea in most Carnival ships.