Onboard the Dream now

ejchron

Sorry for the delay. We're back today.

We had an amazing time. Three families - 18 people total. Within our group, we had the following cabins: 2425, 2427, 2423, 2210, 2320, and 7447. No complaints from any of these. Rooms were clean (and kept clean), looked and smelled great, and the service was excellent.

I had a Cove Balcony. This was our second time in a cove and we love it. This may sound petty but one of the things I like about the cove balconies is that there is a very comfortable place to prop up your feet (just under the rail). I spent many hours out there reading and relaxing last week.

Movies Deckside:

Lego Movie

Frozen

Thor: The Dark World

Fast & Furious 6

The Monuments Men

The Great Gatsby

Les Misrables

The Vow

Grown Ups 2

I'll check on the Camp Carnival schedule for the younger kids. My kids are teens so I'll have to ask one of the other families for the CC events.

In short, we had a blast. The kids loved it because many of their friends were there. We are all homeschooling families so it was nice to be there during a "quieter" time.

The food/drinks were excellent but I do think the overall quality is declining some (we've been cruising Carnival for over ten years - this was our seventh Carnival cruise). Nothing was bad; the food is just showing some signs of cost controls. Really, no complaints; just an observation.

We've sailed from Galveston, Mobile, and Manhattan. The NOLA port is head and shoulders above the others. Smooth, efficient, and friendly. We did self-assist this morning - I was loaded and driving by 7:40 am.

BTW, if you're in NOLA before or after you sail, it's worth your time to seek out the Taco Loceaux truck. Amazing gourmet tacos. Google them. You can likely find them in front of Dos Jefe's Cigar Bar. Well worth the trip.

Let me know if you have questions. Most of my pictures are more family/friends than ship/port but if you have a specific question, I'll certainly respond. I have all the Fun Time from the week.

BTW, you are correct, the Blackjack Band was excellent. Our family is fourth generation musicians and I don't normally tolerate cover bands but they do a great job.

Evan

We are leaving on The Dream June 1st. I have two 14 year old girls with us. How did your teens like the teen program?

They had a great time. Since school is still in session, there weren't as many teens on board so the program was a little less structured. I imagine the events will be more programmed when school is out.

There were about ten teens in our group so they had a lot of friends going in. Still, they made many new friends and had a great time.

Evan