Question for those who have booked Back to Back (and more!) cruises

We took a one week one way rent a car from Boston to the Florida keys for a few days in Marriott Key Largo bay .

Then to make the long drive worth it we booked a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa leaving the car there.

Then the 14 day repositioning cruise back to Boston on the same NCL ship .

All in all a cheap way to go for 26 days of travel .

I was hoping to get an idea about back to back cruising. I'm hoping people could share their experiences about what they liked, what they didn't like, how long they were gone on their sailing, if the length of the trip was too long (or not long enough!) etc...

How did you come to decided a back to back cruise was what you wanted to do and how did you book such a thing (independently or with a TA)? Did you stay on the same ship or switch ships? Was the process easy or confusing?

And would you do it again?

Yes, I would do it again. Initially I had an 8 night cruise booked with my husband. Then, many months later, I noticed how cheap the 6 night itinerary was the following week (on the same ship). So, I booked a birthday cruise for my mom to join me (for her bday) that second week. My DH flew home at the end of the first leg and my mom flew to Florida for the second leg - while I stayed on the same ship. 14 nights was a perfect length of time to be gone. I enjoyed being on the same ship the second week. Anything I missed the first week (like shows or meals) I was able to do on the second go-round. I didn't have any negatives. I booked both sailings myself online. The process was easy.

We haven't been on these cruises yet, but..... we have b2b2b in February and March 2015. We have the same cabin all the way through and it is a total of 42 nights.

All of the cruises we have booked (well actually I have booked) have been direct with the cruise line by phone. :)