Excursions in Raton, Honduras , Belize, and Cozumel?

Perez1992

Looking to see if anyone has gone to these places and done an excursion and how they went about doing it ..was it cheaper through a private company? Were also interested in snuba maybe?

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times

In Roaton, Honduras Princess docks at a private dock. There is a shopping mall right off the dock with stores and a bar. To the right over a small bridge and a short walk there is a really nice beach area with lots of lounge chairs, sun, shade and water activities. In the rear is a beach bar and restaurant. There is only room for one ship at the dock so you will be the only ship there. You can leave the property and take a private tour with drivers that are there waiting. Many drivers speak only Spanish, so, if needed, they also have an English speaking youth in the car. The youth does not get paid. They only get what you tip them. Because the channel is narrow, in rough or windy weather the ship may skip this port.

If you want to scuba, I'd definitely go with Scuba Tony in Cozumel. We went 2 years ago as first time scuba divers and it was a blast. He and his staff made us feel very safe and made sure we had a good time.

Thank you for the info about scuba have you done snuba as well?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

In Roaton, Honduras Princess docks at a private dock. There is a shopping mall right off the dock with stores and a bar. To the right over a small bridge and a short walk there is a really nice beach area with lots of lounge chairs, sun, shade and water activities. In the rear is a beach bar and restaurant. There is only room for one ship at the dock so you will be the only ship there. You can leave the property and take a private tour with drivers that are there waiting. Many drivers speak only Spanish, so, if needed, they also have an English speaking youth in the car. The youth does not get paid. They only get what you tip them. Because the channel is narrow, in rough or windy weather the ship may skip this port.

Thanks is there a fee to use the beach?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Thank you for the info about scuba have you done snuba as well?

I've never snuba'd but I have snorkeled...and honestly I was a little scared to scuba. I let Tony know that and he really made sure I was comfortable...he wouldn't let you go if he didn't think you were ready for it. He teaches all the basics in the shallows first...how to breathe, how to clear out your respirator and mask, hand signals, etc. Then it's out to the scuba grounds :) we saw lots of fish, turtles and even an eel. The water was amazingly warm...like bath water. The best time we've had at an excursion...hands down.

I've never snuba'd but I have snorkeled...and honestly I was a little scared to scuba. I let Tony know that and he really made sure I was comfortable...he wouldn't let you go if he didn't think you were ready for it. He teaches all the basics in the shallows first...how to breathe, how to clear out your respirator and mask, hand signals, etc. Then it's out to the scuba grounds :) we saw lots of fish, turtles and even an eel. The water was amazingly warm...like bath water. The best time we've had at an excursion...hands down.

That sounds great I am going to look him up !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Anyone do any sight seeing or tube floating through the caverns ?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

We went Cave tubing and Zip lining in Belize that we booked off the Princess Excursion page. It was a great day but strenuous if you aren't in the best of shape and it was a long day but well worth it. It included lunch.

Thanks is there a fee to use the beach?

No fee for the beach or lounges. There are fees for the water activities. There is a chair lift that can bring you from the mall over to the beach, and there is a fee for that. But, the walk is short on a paved path. We felt the chair lift was more of a novelty. Princess actually sells the chair lift as a tour. Seems like a waste. Your cruise card can not be used on this beach. We used cash at the bar. All transactions at the mall and beach are in US$.

No fee for the beach or lounges. There are fees for the water activities. There is a chair lift that can bring you from the mall over to the beach, and there is a fee for that. But, the walk is short on a paved path. We felt the chair lift was more of a novelty. Princess actually sells the chair lift as a tour. Seems like a waste. Your cruise card can not be used on this beach. We used cash at the bar. All transactions at the mall and beach are in US$.

That sounds great does the beach get very crowded

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

We went Cave tubing and Zip lining in Belize that we booked off the Princess Excursion page. It was a great day but strenuous if you aren't in the best of shape and it was a long day but well worth it. It included lunch.

How much was this excursion if you remember?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Rather than a ship excursion, we chose to book with Victor Bodden tours. It was fun and a great day for the money spent. We took the Zip N Dip group tour. The cost is $65 per person. The van picked up 10 of us at the cruise port and after about a 15 minute ride we arrived at the Mayan Jungle Canopy. We paid for our tour & were on our way to the zip lines. It does require climbing quite a few steps & inclines along with a cable & rope bridge crossing. There were a total of 12 zips thru the jungle from tree to tree platforms. Although I'm not very brave it was an experience I'm glad I did. My husband loved it. From there we took a short tour of the little zoo/monkey business. You can go in the pen with a couple of the monkeys and they love to dig in pockets and can open zippers on back packs in a few seconds! After this we left in the van for Bananarama on West Bay Beach. Beautiful beach, great water and delicious drinks there. Of course the drinks were not included. They did have lounge chairs for our use while there. The driver gave us the option of about how long we wanted to stay before returning to the ship. The group decided on about 1 1/2 hrs. It actually went by way too fast & we could have stayed longer. All in all it was a great day for our first time to visit Roatan.

Rather than a ship excursion, we chose to book with Victor Bodden tours. It was fun and a great day for the money spent. We took the Zip N Dip group tour. The cost is $65 per person. The van picked up 10 of us at the cruise port and after about a 15 minute ride we arrived at the Mayan Jungle Canopy. We paid for our tour & were on our way to the zip lines. It does require climbing quite a few steps & inclines along with a cable & rope bridge crossing. There were a total of 12 zips thru the jungle from tree to tree platforms. Although I'm not very brave it was an experience I'm glad I did. My husband loved it. From there we took a short tour of the little zoo/monkey business. You can go in the pen with a couple of the monkeys and they love to dig in pockets and can open zippers on back packs in a few seconds! After this we left in the van for Bananarama on West Bay Beach. Beautiful beach, great water and delicious drinks there. Of course the drinks were not included. They did have lounge chairs for our use while there. The driver gave us the option of about how long we wanted to stay before returning to the ship. The group decided on about 1 1/2 hrs. It actually went by way too fast & we could have stayed longer. All in all it was a great day for our first time to visit Roatan.

This sounds like a lot of fun!!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

No big deal but two ships can dock at mahogany Bay where Princess docks , as it is owned by Carnival. We were there in March with the dream docked in front of us. The ships back in to dock..

SANY2720.jpg

images

Was it very crowded?

Was it very crowed

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Hi. In the shopping area at the pier it was fine, about like any other. We did not go down to the beach area there as we did an independent trip to Turquoise Bay..The Carnival built tourism area is really nice though. This was our first time to dock at Mahogany as we were always on Royal before at Coxen Hole. I can see now why the ships cannot dock at Mahogany in bad wind or current conditions..