Jewel in San Juan in January

Sailed Princess out of San Juan a while back and they had a place where you could purchase water/soda/alcohol after you checked in and had your cruise card. Wanted to know if the RCCL had a similar store at their embarkation port. Thanks...

I didn't recall seeing anything like this at the Pan Am pier where Jewel berths. RCI allows 2 bottles of wine per cabin to be brought on board. This is best put in your hand luggage and carried aboard. Many people report having luck bringing bottled water or soda on in their checked luggage or hand luggage if it's abundantly clear it is factory sealed. I have not tried this in San. Juan, so I cannot speak to how successful you will be trying it there.

Sailed Princess out of San Juan a while back and they had a place where you could purchase water/soda/alcohol after you checked in and had your cruise card. Wanted to know if the RCCL had a similar store at their embarkation port. Thanks...

Yes, there's a duty free shop in the terminal building, after you go through security. We were able to buy bottled water there back in January.

There is a shop in the terminal (we were just there Apr 19th) I do know they sell alcohol not sure about water or soda as a couple we met in our taxi was looking to purchase wine before boarding. I had my diet mt dew packed in my checked luggage and thankfully it made it on the ship!

Edited by tidygirl

On our last cruise on the Adventure we were able to get a case of water at the shop in the cruise terminal. That was in December of 2012, so hopefully someone has been since then.

Same for us, January and February 2014.

We had purchased our case of water in the shop in the terminal in years past but in February 2014 they did not have the cases. You could purchase single large bottles of water (you would have to pour the water into a glass).

There were a few cases sitting there and we picked one up and took it to the register but they would not sell it to us. They were opening those and using the singles outside for workers.

We had purchased our case of water in the shop in the terminal in years past but in February 2014 they did not have the cases. You could purchase single large bottles of water (you would have to pour the water into a glass).

There were a few cases sitting there and we picked one up and took it to the register but they would not sell it to us. They were opening those and using the singles outside for workers.

We bought 8 of the 1L bottles and they put 6 in a box for us, and the other two in a plastic bag. We had no problems bringing those bottles to dinner and on excursions.

You can buy wine in the DF shop at the terminal but I don't know why you would. You can stop at wall greens and get better wine for half the price. Same with water and soda. In our checked bags we had 8 cans of soda, 3 cans of beer and a sealed bottle of vodka and an open bottle of vodka. The bag was delivered to our cabin with a note that the open bottle and beer was confiscated. The open bottle was destroyed and we could pick up the beer at the end of the cruise. They left the unopened bottle of vodka and soda alone. You never know what is contraband and what is ok. At least we did not have to go to the naughty room to get our bag. I like this policy better. I know its a risk and wont complain if they take it all but that has not happened in my experience. This was even a spring break week March when we thought there would be a good chance we would be called to the naughty room and have all the alcohol taken away.