can you call flatrateforhire when you land in Seattle

teacherplus

I've read about flatrateforhire but wanted to be sure we could call when we land this Saturday in Seattle or do we have to make a reservation? Also do you have to reserve for after the cruise? Thank you for any help.

yes, you can call them when you arrive at SeaTac. If you;re going straight to the pier, I'd suggest calling as soon as you land, just in case they don't have a cab nearby. Otherwise, Yellow Cab has the airport contract so they're the only company that always has vehicles stationed right there in the garage.

Which pier?

I haven't used either pier so I can't say. Hopefully someone can provide a definitive answer. Otherwise, I'd suggest calling flatrate to ask how it works at pier 91. I know there's a long taxi line, so if you reserve a car in advance they must need to assign you a place to meet other than the line. And that would be true with or w/o a reservation.

Call flatrate and see what they have to say. If their web site is down, try their other site http://www.eastsideforhire.com Let us know!

(I think the going rate for other companies is around $50 from pier 91 to Seatac. Flatrate will be closer to $35. )

We've been researching this as well. Our TA advised that booking a service in advance for debarkation is a decision based upon your post-cruise travels. She told us that if we have a flight scheduled after 12noon, that we should be fine to not book anything. However, any flights leaving before 12noon, she advised early debarkation and scheduled service.

*Note: we may choose to use a service even though our flight is scheduled after 12noon just for peace of mind

We've been researching this as well. Our TA advised that booking a service in advance for debarkation is a decision based upon your post-cruise travels. She told us that if we have a flight scheduled after 12noon, that we should be fine to not book anything. However, any flights leaving before 12noon, she advised early debarkation and scheduled service.

*Note: we may choose to use a service even though our flight is scheduled after 12noon just for peace of mind

Seatac is only 1/2 hr from the pier, but give it an hour to be safe.

You need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior to departure. So ... backing into that, if you have a noon flight your taxi should be leaving the pier no later than 9am.

Hint ... there are usually 3 TSA lines in operation at Seatac. You can use ANY of those lines so look for the shortest. People tend to go to the one associated with their airline and the lines can be horrendous, so look around.

I would be interested in people's experience with flatratefor hire, I've attempted to contact for similar information for September for our journeys(all on different days)

>Seatac to Roy St, Seattle

>Roy St to Pier 91

>King St station to Seatac

I ended up emailing Eastside for hire receiving an automated response but no further correspondence since 4th May...are they reliable? (gut instinct says no)

Ps sorry for hijacking this thread:o

I've used them 4 times now and with great success. I had a reservation each time for pickup at Seatac.

- i called them as soon as I was off the plane. They said a car was on it's way from the holding area and to call again when I had picked up my luggage and knew what door number I would be exiting.

- I called again with the door number and they said car # ___ was circling the drive. We watched for each other and it arrived within minutes.

The last time I used them was at the end of MArch so it was pretty recent. Can't imagine they could go downhill that quickly. I know they've been having issues with their web site.

I've used them 4 times now and with great success. I had a reservation each time for pickup at Seatac.

- i called them as soon as I was off the plane. They said a car was on it's way from the holding area and to call again when I had picked up my luggage and knew what door number I would be exiting.

- I called again with the door number and they said car # ___ was circling the drive. We watched for each other and it arrived within minutes.

The last time I used them was at the end of MArch so it was pretty recent. Can't imagine they could go downhill that quickly. I know they've been having issues with their web site.

Thanks mapleleaves :)

Thanks mapleleaves :)

You're welcome!

Here are the approx fares for flatrateforhire/eastsideforhire:

>Seatac to Roy St, Seattle $30

>Roy St to Pier 91 $15

>King St station to Seatac $30

I think SeaTac to your hotel with another company would be about $40-$45, to pier 91 about $20, and all companies should be charging $40 for the train station to SeaTac since it falls within the flatrate zone (see attached link for yellow cab). Email yellow cab if you want get another estimate.

http://yellowtaxi.net/rates.htm

Have a great trip!