transprotation from Vancouver to Seatle Hotel near the airport

Kleiner

We are taking a cruise that ends in Vancouver. We plan on spending the night in Vancouver and then going to Seattle and spending another night. We are staying at the Doubletree near the airport in Seattle. I was wondering the best way to get from Vancouver to our hotel in Seattle? Should we take the train or the bus? There are a few bus options, which one would be the best for us? Any advice would be appreciated :)

Quickshuttle is probably the most *convenient*, in that you can go right to SEATAC from downtown Vancouver and then your hotel will provide a shuttle. Cheapest would be Boltbus - if you get lucky you can get to downtown Seattle for $1, and usually under $20, per person. Drops you at the Seattle Amtrak station.

Classiest and still cheaper than QS would be Amtrak (fares as low as $19, but rarely available in cruise season - book enough in advance and a fare of $29 is easy to find). Nicer views from train than highway, and no chance of large border delays. Use eastsideforhire to get from Amtrak to your hotel for c.$30 and you'll still end up paying less for 2 people in total than on QS.

My plan is to leave luggage after debarkation at Canada Center and see the town since train doesn't leave until close to 6pm. I've heard they will store them most of the day for small fee. Take skytrain thingy to train station, hop on, get off in Seattle, walk a block to metro and it goes right to my hotel. Anyone see a problem with this plan? I know we will be in late, we are staying the night again. thanks for input!

My plan is to leave luggage after debarkation at Canada Center and see the town since train doesn't leave until close to 6pm. I've heard they will store them most of the day for small fee. Take skytrain thingy to train station, hop on, get off in Seattle, walk a block to metro and it goes right to my hotel. Anyone see a problem with this plan? I know we will be in late, we are staying the night again. thanks for input!

Possible niggles you should be aware of:

Luggage needs to be collected by 4pm at Canada Place - you should be able to go straight to Pacific Central Station and check your bags then at least, and you can kill an hour walking into the Athlete's Village for a beer or an early dinner before returning to board your train.

Skytrain lines (Expo/Millennium) that go to Main Street station are emphatically NOT set up to handle large amounts of luggage. It's a straight-up suburban commuter service, unlike the Canada Line to YVR which uses completely different rolling stock. Unless you're traveling solo with a backpack, I strongly suggest taking a cab - if there are 3+ of you it may even be cheaper than Skytrain tickets anyway...

Double-check your hotel location in Seattle - pretty certain there are no hotels LINK goes 'right to'; even the SEATAC hotels with shuttles involve a c.10 minute walk from one end of the airport to the other in order to board shuttles.