paid upgrade = awesome surprise!!

akacake

Sorry...upsell...paid upgrade...

The email's subject was titled " Preferred Limited Upgrade Special", so even though it was an "upsell" they were still calling it an "upgrade" (which I had to pay for).

I couldn't sleep all night waiting for 0700 PST to roll around so I could call them to "upgrade" myself :)

I was in YVR for the day yesterday and walked down to Canada Place...not a cruise ship to be seen :(

10 more days until I sail....can't wait :) :)

"Upsell" is a word borrowed from the fast food industry ("Would you like Fries with that?") to describe what is actually happening, but the cruise line will never call it that (at least to a customer's face). They are ALWAYS positioned as "upgrades".

They vary considerably in price and value, and it sounds like you got a great one on both counts!

Enjoy your cruise!

When I booked last fall it was the last week that the drink package ended

(Explore 4 ?) I didn't book the drink package as it was only for certain categories ( the most expensive for each I think)

The day after the package had ended, the inside and outside cabins dropped by approx $200 pp...so needless to say rather than wait and go thru my TA, I phoned HA immediately and booked an FF guarantee Good thing I did as the prices the next day were back up to the normal price...

I have watched the prices every week since then and never did see the same price that I received...so I think it might have been a mistake...??!!??

now with the $49 pp to get the VA , all I can say is I am glad that I booked when I did and with HA directly :)

I'm glad somebody got that reference! ��

And at the risk of being "that guy," I thought I'd mention that this quote was originally Louis Pasteur. The "best" translation is "Chance favors the prepared mind."

Why yes, I DO excel at trivia, thanks for asking. I have too damned many HAL pins (they ran out of unique pins on the Westerdam last time....)

And at the risk of being "that guy," I thought I'd mention that this quote was originally Louis Pasteur. The "best" translation is "Chance favors the prepared mind."

Why yes, I DO excel at trivia, thanks for asking. I have too damned many HAL pins (they ran out of unique pins on the Westerdam last time....)

I knew it wasn't original, but I was also going for the effect. :) I also am a bit of a trivia maven, though my preferred venue is random Buzztime locations on Tuesday nights, where I play under the handle of LIBRTY. While I can't hold a candle to the best of the best, I can hold my own among the rest (I consider a "par" solo score to be 90th percentile). Unfortunately, I haven't had much opportunity to play of late.