UBP Price Increase

SeaShark

well i just got back from the breakaway :)

it was great we pre booked the UBP and when we got on the ship they told us they just increased the drink limit from $8.50 to $10 that was great :)

also i have to say even if the drink came to say $10.25 they would cover it.

over all my and my wife cleaned house with all the drinks.

always give your great bar tenders a extra something. again keep in mind 15% is included in the bill always thats why u should only tip to great people.

Mitsugirly is boarding the Getaway today and I asked her to take pics of the drink menus. I am hoping that she will include them in her review when she returns. Hoping to see that the drink prices have not gone up. :)

I can't wait for her review and updates on the drinks menu on the ship...same price? new price? how much?...

well i just got back from the breakaway :)

it was great we pre booked the UBP and when we got on the ship they told us they just increased the drink limit from $8.50 to $10 that was great :)

also i have to say even if the drink came to say $10.25 they would cover it.

over all my and my wife cleaned house with all the drinks.

always give your great bar tenders a extra something. again keep in mind 15% is included in the bill always thats why u should only tip to great people.

Now this will start a very confusing discussion :eek:

i have to say even if the drink came to say $10.25 they would cover it.

^ again we never where looking to spend over the $10 but sometimes it did come out to something that was a bit higher like i said 10.25. when i checked the tab on the tv it showed some crazy over $1500 bucks i ran down to guest services got the bill and it was only $400 because of cigs we bought played a few arcade games and stuff like that. i checked over and over for the extra say .25 cents to .50 but nothing was on the bill.

$360 for cigs

$1 tips only

$1 acrade games

$5 bowling

and thats about it

$100 free credit

$30 free diner

but most of the drinks we would get where $9 to $9.50

Edited by winterseason

i have to say even if the drink came to say $10.25 they would cover it.

^ again we never where looking to spend over the $10 but sometimes it did come out to something that was a bit higher like i said 10.25. when i checked the tab on the tv it showed some crazy over $1500 bucks i ran down to guest services got the bill and it was only $400 because of cigs we bought played a few arcade games and stuff like that. i checked over and over for the extra say .25 cents to .50 but nothing was on the bill.

$360 for cigs

$1 tips only

$1 acrade games

$5 bowling

and thats about it

$100 free credit

$30 free diner

but most of the drinks we would get where $9 to $9.50

You would not find a ,25 or ,50 charge. The way the UBP works, if you get a 10,50$ drink, ALL the drink is not covered...not only the "over" the limit amount...

So you saved even more then you think :D

thanks for that info. I just grabbed my bill out the bag and looked it over again.

THIS TRIP WAS A WIN WIN THEN :)

only high amount charges are

$39.99 for a show in a theater with a diner

$12.00 for the service charge of the stateroom attended

$12.95 for a refillable cup from the gift shop

$6.00 for room service one night we ordered a pizza + $1 tip

$5.00 for bowling

$4.95 for room service one night again :P ordered a bunch of food + $1 tip

$1.00 for tips

Edited by winterseason

thanks for that info. I just grabbed my bill out the bag and looked it over again.

THIS TRIP WAS A WIN WIN THEN :)

only high amount charges are

$39.99 for a show in a theater with a diner

$12.00 for the service charge of the stateroom attended

$12.95 for a refillable cup from the gift shop

$6.00 for room service one night we ordered a pizza + $1 tip

$5.00 for bowling

$4.95 for room service one night again :P ordered a bunch of food + $1 tip

$1.00 for tips

One question if you don't mind me asking,

Did you use the automatic wine distributor on the ship ?

Thank you in advance,

we did not even drink wine the whole time.

i was drinking frozen mojito's non frozen mojito's , long island ice teas , whiskey lemon-aid.

I did try mostly everything on the menu one or 2 sips

my wife drank mostly miami vices , strawberry daiquiri , mango meltdowns , and she also drank mostly everything off the menu aswell.

anything i did not like i would just hand it to her.

i'm not really a wine drinker , so i never asked if we could use those machines. I did see people using them but i really never saw a person using it with a UBP sticker.

also one thing about the UBP the rep on the phone when i pre paid it said my card would automaticly have the package on the card. this was not true i had to go to HEADLINES with the paper work located in my state room before getting a drink. i was a little mad at that because we walked right on and walked right to the bar and the bartender was like u need to go to headlines oh well really was not a pain.

the paperwork in the state room was a form that said i pre paid and blah blah. in headlines you have to then sign away your life on the paperwork that tells you $10 limits and so on.

over all i drank about 10 or more drinks a day so it was well worth it.

Edited by winterseason

Hi. Just off the Getaway yesterday and was most irked at having to pay $467 for the UDP. Yes, you read correctly. It does include the 15% gratuity though. Called NCL after debark because their websites still lists 49$ a day, not $67. She confirmed the massive increase and said I was charged correctly. After all was said and done- really wished we had not gotten it, even if it did include nearly every brand of liquor. After reading most of this thread; however, I recommend calling NCL and confirming yourselves since I didn't take a pic of the price sheet :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh yea, $20 charge for the ice bar. And hey- Amit at the Atrium bar is the greatest! Tell him Brad and Kent say hi if anyone is on board soon!

Hi. Just off the Getaway yesterday and was most irked at having to pay $467 for the UDP. Yes, you read correctly. It does include the 15% gratuity though. Called NCL after debark because their websites still lists 49$ a day, not $67. She confirmed the massive increase and said I was charged correctly. After all was said and done- really wished we had not gotten it, even if it did include nearly every brand of liquor. After reading most of this thread; however, I recommend calling NCL and confirming yourselves since I didn't take a pic of the price sheet :-)

I've looked everywhere I can on the NCL website, can you tell me where it lists UBP for $49?? I see UBP for $54 if purchased in advance and $59 per day on board, plus 15%. Caps and Corks package is $44 plus 15%. I can't find the prices you referenced anywhere?

Includes all cocktails, glasses of wine and beer (under $10), unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants (inclu...Includes all cocktails, glasses of wine and beer (under $10), unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants (including while at Great Stirrup Cay).

• Price$993

Sorry....you are correct about the $54, I keep thinking back to last month when it was still $49. Seems as though they raise the price regularity.

It may seem that way, but I doubt thats true in practice. This price increase is the first and only one implemented since the UBP was created.

Which was when? Just wondering how long it was $56 pd (49+service)

Asked and answered. The price when the program was created was $49pd/pp...and that was the only price until the one and only increase.

Asked and answered. The price when the program was created was $49pd/pp...and that was the only price until the one and only increase.

My question was when. I was looking for a date not 'in the beginning'. If you don't know that is okay too. I was just curious from your post. If the program started last year and this was the increase since then that would be quite different than if the package was first sold five years go.

My question was when. I was looking for a date not 'in the beginning'. If you don't know that is okay too. I was just curious from your post. If the program started last year and this was the increase since then that would be quite different than if the package was first sold five years go.

First, I disagree. The length of time does nothing to change the fact of what the price was or what the price is. Prices respond to supply and demand moreso than to a length of time.

Second, the purpose of the post was to point out to the person I was responding to that this was the one and only price increase under this program and not another in a seemingly repetitive series of increases as that poster tried to claim. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't want to persue a side topic that probably belongs in its own thread.

Which was when? Just wondering how long it was $56 pd (49+service)

I think UBP first started around the beginning of this year. The price just increased within the past couple weeks. Along with the increase, lots more was included.

Edited by LrgPizza

I think UBP first started around the beginning of this year. The price just increased within the past couple weeks. Along with the increase, lots more was included.

Thanks to you and pog27 for answering

Edited by AweighToSea

Quick question - I tend to be the drink gopher. If we both get the UBP, can I just bring my companion's card to the bar and get us both drinks or does he need to physically be there each time?

Celebrity never had a problem with me handing them two cards, swipe and go (and no slip signing).