UBP Price Increase

SeaShark

What I experienced last November on the BA was I ( the gopher ) would always bring both cards, order 2 drinks and they would always swipe only 1 card and charge both drinks.

When I went up again for 2 drinks with the 2 cards, they would swipe the OTHER card and charge 2 drinks.

At ALL the venue we went together for many drinks, they would alternate the "swiping" card.

Have fun !

What I experienced last November on the BA was I ( the gopher ) would always bring both cards, order 2 drinks and they would always swipe only 1 card and charge both drinks.

When I went up again for 2 drinks with the 2 cards, they would swipe the OTHER card and charge 2 drinks.

At ALL the venue we went together for many drinks, they would alternate the "swiping" card.

Have fun !

Interesting....

So, I guess ordering a "double" on any one card is not an issue either?? Good to know! ;)

Like I said, I brought both cards with the stickers on at every transaction...so they knew...

What they did, how they did...I don't know :)

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Quick question - I tend to be the drink gopher. If we both get the UBP, can I just bring my companion's card to the bar and get us both drinks or does he need to physically be there each time?

Celebrity never had a problem with me handing them two cards, swipe and go (and no slip signing).

On the Breakaway in Feb. Usually only used my card for the drinks. No alternating.

DW and I were spending a bit of time using the excellent spreadsheet to figure if the new UBP pricing and inclusions made it worthwhile for us.

We entered some figures and then thought, ”Hey, some of these prices seem lower than we remember – especially for the Martinis”. We dug out an old Martini menu from our 2008 cruise.

In 2008 an Espresso Martini was $9.75 (Stoli Vanil, Kahlua, Creme de Cacao, Irish cream and fresh brewed espresso) – on the spreadsheet and Gambee’s photos it is $8.75 (Stoli Vanil, Irish cream and fresh brewed espresso)

In 2008 a French Cosmo was $11.25 (Grey Goose L’Orange vodka, Grand Marnier, cranberry juice and lime) – the spreadsheet French Cosmo is $9.75 (Grey Goose vodka, Grand Marnier)

I am sure there are other examples. Interesting to note that the recipes have been simplified (not with a noticeable drop in quality IMHO) but that the prices have dropped!:D

DW and I were spending a bit of time using the excellent spreadsheet to figure if the new UBP pricing and inclusions made it worthwhile for us.

We entered some figures and then thought, ”Hey, some of these prices seem lower than we remember – especially for the Martinis”. We dug out an old Martini menu from our 2008 cruise.

In 2008 an Espresso Martini was $9.75 (Stoli Vanil, Kahlua, Creme de Cacao, Irish cream and fresh brewed espresso) – on the spreadsheet and Gambee’s photos it is $8.75 (Stoli Vanil, Irish cream and fresh brewed espresso)

In 2008 a French Cosmo was $11.25 (Grey Goose L’Orange vodka, Grand Marnier, cranberry juice and lime) – the spreadsheet French Cosmo is $9.75 (Grey Goose vodka, Grand Marnier)

I am sure there are other examples. Interesting to note that the recipes have been simplified (not with a noticeable drop in quality IMHO) but that the prices have dropped!:D

Interesting!!

Being a martini drinker - I can say that a have rarely seen the price of martinis DROP over the years. ;)

Great to know. 🍸Thanks!!

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

on the breakaway most the time u will need just 1 card.

I always had the 2 cards on me but they just add the 2 drinks to 1 card and then i would sign for both drinks.

the key is they write UBP on the top of each receipt. once that is on the top of the receipt its all good :)