Balcony Guarantee

catty

I did a pretty good poll on this as I switched from inside to guarantee balcony. I couldn't stand it and picked my balcony cabin a week later. now the indices are 300 cheaper and wished I would of stayed with inside because that is a lot of obc.

The general concensus I got was most people ended up happy with their guarantee. There is always that chance though that u won't be.

I did a pretty good poll on this as I switched from inside to guarantee balcony. I couldn't stand it and picked my balcony cabin a week later. now the indices are 300 cheaper and wished I would of stayed with inside because that is a lot of obc.

The general concensus I got was most people ended up happy with their guarantee. There is always that chance though that u won't be.

Thank you for the advice. I found a great guarantee balcony price for a solo and wanted to see if most were happy with location. Hard to turn it down. I love balconies.

I booked a balcony gty on my Legend cruise last month. I had an obstructed view with a life boat directly under the balcony. It wasn't horrible, but I've had better. The difference in price is what made me take the risk, for 2 us it would have been $300 more and I would rather put that use at one of the ports.

We had a balcony guarantee on the Pride and loved it. Midship, full view and it was significantly cheaper than picking our own room. It was my first cruise so I didn't care where we ended up anyway and the price difference allowed us to get a balcony instead of an OV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a balcony guarantee on the Pride for our Honeymoon. We went in expecting the worst balcony (obstructed view in the very front behind the three big lifeboats) and were pleasantly surprised to get an aft-extended view on Empress. Now we have a hard time booking anything but aft-extended because the view was phenomenal.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I would book a gty. unless I am able to get a premium balcony for little extra. I was able to get one of the bowling alley balconies on the Miracle for only $20 ea. more at the time I booked. Now the ext. bal. have gone up $150 ea. That said any balcony on a ship is a good balcony. So save the money and go with the gty. if there isn't a particular room you want.

Has anyone ever been disappointed? Would you pay 150 more to select your own location?

Went with a guarantee room once and will never do again. Was put in the room directly below the disco and our room vibrated all night, sounded like we were literally in the disco. Called customer relations desk the next day and they moved us to another room. No complaints with the second room...

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Did it this last trip. They initially put us on deck 8, decent location. After many price drops I called and although I was not eligible for the price drops they put me in a Spa Balcony on deck 11. So, from my point of view it was a win.

I would have been happy with the deck 8 cabin.

We did a balcony guarantee and ended up on deck 10 right at the atrium elevators. There was some noise but only till about 9pm and was a very nice location

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app