Question About Wine Bought From Gifts & Gear

Tonight hubby bought me 2 bottles of wine from Gifts & Gear for delivery set for departure day in the dining room . This was suggested if you wanted to drink wine with your dinner. Upon further reflection, I'm wondering if both bottles would be delivered uncorked at the table and I will be expected to consume 2 bottles that first night? Somehow I was under the impression they would keep the unused portion for dinner the next night or so. Btw.....We didn't choose the Wine & Dine package since my husband doesn't drink and typically I would have only one cocktail OR glass of wine at dinner. Did I make a mistake in not having it just delivered to my stateroom for consumption there? Should my husband call tomorrow and change my wine's destination???Obviously, I'm confused about how things work as this will be my first cruise on RCCL and my first trip to Europe too. Very excited! Please advise. Thank you:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight hubby bought me 2 bottles of wine from Gifts & Gear for delivery set for departure day in the dining room . This was suggested if you wanted to drink wine with your dinner. Upon further reflection, I'm wondering if both bottles would be delivered uncorked at the table and I will be expected to consume 2 bottles that first night? Somehow I was under the impression they would keep the unused portion for dinner the next night or so. Btw.....We didn't choose the Wine & Dine package since my husband doesn't drink and typically I would have only one cocktail OR glass of wine at dinner. Did I make a mistake in not having it just delivered to my stateroom for consumption there? Should my husband call tomorrow and change my wine's destination???Obviously, I'm confused about how things work as this will be my first cruise on RCCL and my first trip to Europe too. Very excited! Please advise. Thank you:-)

The MDR waiter will keep the bottles for you, and you can consume as much or as little as you want each night. Once you have finished dinner, they do take the wine - put your name on it - and store it for you until the next evening or the next time you come back to the MDR.

If you prefer to take the wine back to your stateroom or you do not consume it all on the cruise, let them know and they will give you your bottle(s).

Sidenote about the wine package: I bought a one a few years back, couldn't drink all of the wine, so I gave the last (unopened) bottle to my MDR waiter. (I did seek approval from the Head Waiter in order to do this). I could have packed it in my suitcase to travel back to Boston, but thought that would be a risky endeavor.

Enjoy your wine, and have a fantastic cruise!