Breeze Balcony Questions

MistyRo76

Looking at booking Southern Car. on the Breeze for next fall. Itineraries just release and trying to figure out exactly what we want to do. Hubby and I definitely want a balcony and this time we will be traveling with our one year old.

Trying to decide between a Cove, Regular Balcony or the Aft Extended Balcony.

I know that you lose some privacy with the Aft Extended due to not having the overhang above you. The options for the Aft Extended are on Deck 7 or Deck 9. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on which of these decks might be better location wise? I know that the Lido deck is just above Deck 9. Would we get alot of noise from the Lido being at the very back of the ship?

Any thoughts or opinions between the three different balcony options would be great!

Thanks!

Misty

I had aft extended on deck 8 on the breeze. There was a problem where they setup the chairs on deck 10 around 4:30am. The people on Deck 9 were not happy. We could hear it too but not nearly as bad. Once enough complained they waited until about 7am to set them up, still kind of annoying.

We cruised the Breeze last June (8 day southern). Loved the ship and itinerary.

But we had a balcony on the 7th level which overlooked the hot tub and outdoor eating area on the 5th. So you definitely have less privacy and takes a little bit away from a balcony view.

We definitely prefer balcony on most other ships, but was a little disappointed with the Breeze balcony design concept

All the above comments are very good......you have to be careful on the Breeze with balconies. There is a Lanai (deck) beneath the regular balconies all the way around the entire ship, so in order to get privacy where walkers and such can't see on to your balcony your best bet is to be on deck 8. That is where we were and it was totally out of range from the Lanai. Then the next consideration is the hot tubs.....you don't want to stay in a balcony directly across from any one of the four cantilevered hot tubs off the Lanai.....lots of night time noise and LIGHT.

We chose a cabin midway between the hot tubs on Deck 8 (Verandah deck) and it was lovely.....private and quiet, very nice.

The cove balconies are not like the regular balconies....there is an opening cut out of the sheet metal in the side of the ship....the balcony feels quite dark and closed in surrounded with metal and only a small opening....not what we like when we sail in a balcony...but to each his own....just my thoughts to you for consideration.

Lots of issues with balonies on the Breeze thats why we chose an inside and saved lots of $$$.Dont like cove balconies because its like your in prison.

That's the funniest statement I ever heard. Being inside doesn't feel like your in prison but a cove balcony does.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the feedback! I was afraid that a Cove balcony would feel too closed in compared to a regular balcony. We definitely like the open feeling we get with a balcony although being close to the waterline could be neat. But I think we'll still stick to the regular balcony or perhaps go for the aft extended. Would really love to get an aft wrap...but those don't appear to sleep three and since we'll have our little one with us that won't work.

Really appreciate the tips about booking deck 8 for the extra privacy. We normally book deck 7 but have never booked this class of ship before.

Misty

A cove does not feel confined at all! We have had a cove the last 3 cruises, will never book anything else!! So close to the water, you see tons of flying fish and the last 2 times we saw dolphins chasing along side of the ship. Google pictures of the cove. Its amazing!!

A cove does not feel confined at all! We have had a cove the last 3 cruises, will never book anything else!! So close to the water, you see tons of flying fish and the last 2 times we saw dolphins chasing along side of the ship. Google pictures of the cove. Its amazing!!

I agree totally, if you take time to view my video posted above, the coves are fantastic, no one peering up at you and no disappointments if you choose a balcony opposite the hot tubs or worse above the BBQ on sea days must be awful, Ours when it was in Europe very reasonably priced compared to an inside...just MHO 😉

Just got back from my cruise on the breeze. I had cabin 9358, right under part of the marketplace food court. NO noises noticed. The thing I loved was that the 10 deck was extended out more over the balcony so it was even more shaded which provided a nice place to nap. It was a perfect cabin mid ship, one stairway up for coffe or down to the cabin if you forget something. Right near the elevator, not noisy,and it came up right at the pool.

I really love the people who comment negatively on the cove balconies. It helps to keep the price down! We loved ours and have another booked this summer. We have stayed in standard and cove and both are great, the cove is just a really cool experience. The cutout as someone mentioned is not small and there is actually a little more leg room out there. So all of you negative commenters, keep it up. Let's keep these prices low on the Coves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums