Transfering Booking

Need help from the experienced:

I have always booked through a TA due to the extra perks that we receive. This time I booked our B2B direct through Royal because they had the best price on the weekend I booked.

If I switch my booking now to a TA will we get any extra perks? I have called the Big Box TA I have used many times but they tell me they can't tell me anything until the switch is done.

Can the cruisers experienced in doing this give me some insight.

Thanks in advance!

I have always booked through a TA due to the extra perks that we receive. This time I booked our B2B direct through Royal because they had the best price on the weekend I booked.

If I switch my booking now to a TA will we get any extra perks? I have called the Big Box TA I have used many times but they tell me they can't tell me anything until the switch is done.

Thanks in advance!

I booked through RCI because the price was better, then transferred to pick up my obc from the TA.

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to send the travel agent your Royal booking confirmation in order for them to quote you any perks. Saying they can't tell you anything until the switch is done is not a good thing, because you are locked in then.

Thanks in advance!

The TA needs to see a couple of things to determine any perks they might be able to offer. Some perks are tied to the rates and any special discounts you may or may not have received can also impact perks. A TA is also only allowed to give back so much of any commission they receive so without seeing the booking they really cannot tell you anything at this point. As was suggested send them a copy of your booking and let them tell you what they can offer if you transfer it. Hope it works out in your favor.:)

Edited by cruisingsince94

I always just contact my TA and tell them 1) the price the cruise line is quoting, 2) the deposit 3) any discounts (like C&A) or other perks the line was offering. I then ask what the agency is offering. ALmost always it's worth it to me to relinquish my control over the reservation.

Also remember, its takes anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to transfer a booking from RC to a TA, and it could take even longer from an agency to agency.

I just transferred 2 cruises from RCL to TA sent paper work yesterday already done and shows the transfer has been done on the RCL web sight Received $250.00 in OBC on both cruises.

Also remember, its takes anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to transfer a booking from RC to a TA, and it could take even longer from an agency to agency.

Takes 3 days to transfer from RCI according to RCI, took 2 days in my case.

I just transferred my booking to my TA yesterday. Prior to the transfer I spoke to her about what perks we would get. I gave her my cruise information and she confirmed the perks. After that I faxed the transfer to RC. She said she usually gets the transfers within 2 days and the perks would be applied immediately. I would not transfer to a TA without knowing exactly what perks they are offering first.

Thanks for all the responses. I started the transfer Monday and by Tuesday night my booking showed the TA.

Well worth it...doing B2B...we got prepaid grats, $200OBC, Spa and dinner...For BOTH cruises!

I just transferred my booking to my TA yesterday. Prior to the transfer I spoke to her about what perks we would get. I gave her my cruise information and she confirmed the perks. After that I faxed the transfer to RC. She said she usually gets the transfers within 2 days and the perks would be applied immediately. I would not transfer to a TA without knowing exactly what perks they are offering first.

SO do you have to transfer to a TA before final payments are made?

SO do you have to transfer to a TA before final payments are made?

Yes. Note that the rule is the transfer must take place before final payment, not before final payment date. For example, if a cruise is paid off 6 months before final payment date, or is paid in full at initial booking, then it cannot be transferred to a TA.

Edited by clarea

Yes. Note that the rule is the transfer must take place before final payment, not before final payment date. For example, if a cruise is paid off 6 months before final payment date, or is paid in full at initial booking, then it cannot be transferred to a TA.

I was under the impression you have only 60 days from the date you book with RCI to transfer to a TA.

I was under the impression you have only 60 days from the date you book with RCI to transfer to a TA.

That's correct, there are two conditions: 60 days from booking (or from the time an open booking is first assigned a specific cruise), and cannot be paid in full.

So if you booked a cruise on June 1, and paid it off on July 1, you would be within the 60 days, but still could not transfer because it's paid in full.