NCL Pearl SF 8130?

Has anyone been in this room that could share info or pictures on size, configuration of this room etc. Thanks. Also any info on noise, and how it would be for three adults. Is it close to elevators?

Edited by newcruisers2

I haven't sailed on the Pearl, but I have sailed in an SF cabin on the Jade, one of her sister ships. We were on deck 10. The location in terms of elevators is great; as you can see from a deck plan, these suites are very convenient to the aft set of elevators/stairs.

On deck 8 on the Pearl, you'll be over the bowling alley/Bliss lounge. I have no idea whether you might hear noise from below, but I believe this has been discussed here on CC. I'd urge you to do a search to see what you can find, and I also hope someone who has stayed in one of these aft suites on the Pearl will comment here. (My personal preference is to have cabins above and below me.)

As for three adults, these suites used to be restricted to two people; the suite had one large bed that could not be separated, and the small sofa did not convert to a bed. I believe that the couch is now a sofa bed; if that's the case, the third adult will not have a real bed. Although there should be a curtain that you can pull around the actual bed, the suite is one large room, so you'll essentially all be sleeping in that room.

This is 10666 on the Jade, four years ago; hopefully someone will be able to put up a current pic for you.

MedCruise20102598.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06

Here is a link to free site drag it decks website- if you line up decks using the stairs/elevators as guides you can see what is above and below your stateroom.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Pearl

Looks like one of the two bowling lanes on each side of Bliss Ultra Lounge may be partly below 8130 and 8630. Here is a youtube video I found of Bliss Ultra Lounge - they are entering it from the 8630 side.

In 2010 my 82 year old mother and I were in 8634 (one of the two balcony staterooms directly above the center of Bliss Ultra Lounge. Like you prior to booking I had done some research to see if there were any complaints and didn't find any. During the day it was wonderful - at night horrible due to the poor sound insulation between us and the lounge. Our floor and walls literally shook from the bass vibration and we could make out the words to whatever was being played. Since either a band or dj was playing until around 2:30 am sleep was very difficult. Thankfully NCL stepped up and gave us another balcony stateroom to sleep in and let us keep the stern balcony for day/evening use. Our neighbor in the suite next to us said they were also bothered by the noise and I think they were comped a specialty dinner and bottle of wine.

It may be that the two outermost stern suites on deck 8 are ok. I'd never in a million years book either of the center balconies or the two suites on either side of them. Actually, don't think I'd risk 8130 or 8630 either although they may be just fine. Hopefully someone who has stayed in one of these two will come along and respond to your post.

Edited by kjquilts
correction

• 2 months later...

Hi Camlott, was wondering how your cruise went and if you had any issues with noise etc with your stateroom? Did you manage to take any pictures that I can refer to? Thanks again.:)

Not sure when you are sailing... I will be in 8630 in late June, i'll report back. Here is an old thread I found that might be helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1044112&highlight=8130

Hi Camlott, was wondering how your cruise went and if you had any issues with noise etc with your stateroom? Did you manage to take any pictures that I can refer to? Thanks again.:)

We had a great cruise. I didn't get any pictures of the room, but it is set up identical to the one posted above. The couch and chair are white instead of pink.

There was some noise that could be heard from the bowling alley below, but it wasn't something that ever disturbed us. I never heard it late at night or early in the mornings. It took about three days for me to realize what I was hearing even though I knew the bowling alley was below us. Bottom line... sound was a complete non-issue for us.

Our butler on the other hand was a complete dud. I know he came by the room daily because there were new coffee pods. But that was about it (For those that wonder, we only had the Do Not Disturb showing at night when we were going to bed). If you get Jomar, don't expect much more than the bare minimum of what NCL expects of a butler. This was our first experience with NCL and we probably won't waste the money again in the hopes of better the next time! I found it completely odd that someone who is dependent on tips would not care to provide any service or even ask if there was anything he could do. We have never used a butler, so we had no real expectations, but he somehow managed to not even meet those! I only made one request of him (carton or container of milk so I could make a latte) and that was not done.

We had a great cruise. I didn't get any pictures of the room, but it is set up identical to the one posted above. The couch and chair are white instead of pink.

There was some noise that could be heard from the bowling alley below, but it wasn't something that ever disturbed us. I never heard it late at night or early in the mornings. It took about three days for me to realize what I was hearing even though I knew the bowling alley was below us. Bottom line... sound was a complete non-issue for us.

Our butler on the other hand was a complete dud. I know he came by the room daily because there were new coffee pods. But that was about it (For those that wonder, we only had the Do Not Disturb showing at night when we were going to bed). If you get Jomar, don't expect much more than the bare minimum of what NCL expects of a butler. This was our first experience with NCL and we probably won't waste the money again in the hopes of better the next time! I found it completely odd that someone who is dependent on tips would not care to provide any service or even ask if there was anything he could do. We have never used a butler, so we had no real expectations, but he somehow managed to not even meet those! I only made one request of him (carton or container of milk so I could make a latte) and that was not done.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear of the buttler issue :eek:

Could you tell me if the balcony had a lounger on it? We are cruising with my 82 year old mom and she wants to wrap up on the lounger and watch the scenery pass by :)

Who did you get for a room steward and how did they do? Did you get a pre concierge letter before you sailed to ask if you would like specific things when you came on board? I had read somewhere that this happens....as of yet, we have nothing.

Did you do the breakfast and lunch in Cagneys and how was that? Can you tell me how the entertainment was? Anything else we may need to know before going?

I guess instead of all the questions...I should ask if you will be writing a review...lol. :o

Thanks again for replying so quickly.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear of the buttler issue :eek:

Could you tell me if the balcony had a lounger on it? We are cruising with my 82 year old mom and she wants to wrap up on the lounger and watch the scenery pass by :)

Who did you get for a room steward and how did they do? Did you get a pre concierge letter before you sailed to ask if you would like specific things when you came on board? I had read somewhere that this happens....as of yet, we have nothing.

Did you do the breakfast and lunch in Cagneys and how was that? Can you tell me how the entertainment was? Anything else we may need to know before going?

I guess instead of all the questions...I should ask if you will be writing a review...lol. :o

Thanks again for replying so quickly.

Yes we had a lounger and regular chair on the balcony. We spent a great amount of time on our balcony watching Alaska go by.

I don't recall our stewards name but he was friendly and efficient. Wasn't the best we have ever had but we had no complaints.

We did get an email maybe three weeks before the cruise and it had information about the pre-cruise concierge. We did not use it because we did not have a need for anything to be arranged prior to boarding. My experience with this type of thing on other cruise lines and based on reviews I have read here... Anything you request with the pre-cruise concierge is iffy about being done when you get on board.

We did breakfast every day in Cagney's and lunch on days that we didn't eat in port. We loved this perk. There was never much of a crowd at all in Cagney's, so it was mostly like having our own private restaurant. We did the ultimate dining plan, so we ended up eating dinner in Cagney's a few times as well. In hindsight the UDP was a waste because we ended up eating dinner in three different ports, so we would have been better off paying for the specialty restaurants individually. We ate at the sushi bar maybe 4-5 times. Raniel was awesome and is a joy to get to know. He ended up making us several off the menu dishes free of charge. If you like sushi at all, I highly recommend!

As for entertainment, we honestly didn't go to any of the shows. We did spend some time listening to live music around the ship. Alaska pretty much was our entertainment. It was extremely rare that we were ever on the balcony when there wasn't some type of wildlife to view. Tons of whales etc.

We cruise often. Sometimes we cruise for the ship, and sometimes for the itinerary. This cruise was all about the itinerary and scenery. The aft suite was perfect for Alaska.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have. This cruise was pretty atypical for us. We pretty much stayed to ourselves and enjoyed our balcony. Ironically we ended up meeting more people and making more friends than we ever have on any other cruise. We booked independent excursions with small companies and ended up being on the same tours with one couple multiple times.