Suite Breakfast in Sabatinis

dopanate

IMO, it's totally over-rated so tell your friends they won't be missing that much. I guess I'm in the minority on that opinion though. It IS a more civilized way to have breakfast, but I haven't been that impressed with the service or the food. I guess I like to get what I want in the buffet, eat and get going.

I'm in the minority right there with you. On our 4-day suite life in March, we ate there once and were not compelled to go back. We had to leave our seats to find someone to get us a refill and my husband had to also leave his seat a second time to hunt for more syrup.

I heard all about special requests being honored at Sabatini's, but we got looked at like were were aliens. The menu is the menu, we were told.

The pastry tray was a delightful surprise but ultimately disappointing when they were still cold and hard from the fridge. My potatoes were very greasy and slimy.

*shrugs* I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

We enjoy eggs Eggs Benedict and have found the offerings in HC or the MDR just don't cut it.

This has been my favorite breakfast since childhood. I found the Hollandaise to be more like a thick paste than sauce. The HC version is better, at least based on my experience. (I won't eat the HC version either; still not very good.)

We've take the LA-Hawaii RT cruise 3 times, always in a full suite and have had breakfast in Sabatini's 40+ times.

NEVER experienced anything less than superb and attentive service. While they do have a fixed menu they will readily prepare anything you would like. One morning as we were leaving I asked if they served pancakes. He asked if I wanted pancakes the next morning and I replied yes. I had pancakes the next morning.

On our first visit to Sabatini's I ordered OJ & coffee to start while my wife ordered coffee and fresh fruit. The next morning, our waiter asked me, as we walked in, coffee & OJ? & coffee & fruit for my wife? They remembered.

My wife likes a cup of regular coffee to start, and then switches to decaf. Same thing, the second day, the waiter came to refill the coffee and asked my wife "decaf?"

Service, food, and presentation could not be better, but if you are in a hurry, Sabatini's wojuld nt be the place for brekfast, as it is a leisurely breakfast.

We are Elite plus on Celebrity. I just booked the Crown Princess for my dad and me. We are in a mini suite. What benefits will we receive ? The sky suites on Celebrity have a Butler and many perks. Will we be able to use Sabatini`s for breakfast and what are the hours ?

We are Elite plus on Celebrity. I just booked the Crown Princess for my dad and me. We are in a mini suite. What benefits will we receive ? The sky suites on Celebrity have a Butler and many perks. Will we be able to use Sabatini`s for breakfast and what are the hours ?

No, sorry but Sabatini's is only for full suite guests.

Mike:)

I'm in the minority right there with you. On our 4-day suite life in March, we ate there once and were not compelled to go back. We had to leave our seats to find someone to get us a refill and my husband had to also leave his seat a second time to hunt for more syrup.

I heard all about special requests being honored at Sabatini's, but we got looked at like were were aliens. The menu is the menu, we were told.

The pastry tray was a delightful surprise but ultimately disappointing when they were still cold and hard from the fridge. My potatoes were very greasy and slimy.

*shrugs* I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

What ship was this on?

You should have spoken to the head waiter as this is certainly not the norm for Sabatini's as you can tell from other's posts.

Mike

We have been in suites on four cruises since the fall of 2012. Three times the service and food for breakfast in Sabatini's was outstanding. There was a problem on our 4 day coastal on the Sapphire in January. There were only three rather than the typical four waitstaff and the Supervisor was not doing her job well. Service was slow and disorganized. All was back to top notch normal on the 10 day cruise on the Grand in March. Don't know when we will be in a suite again, but being Elite it is about the only suite perk that isn't available to us in other cabins. We are not real fans of ordering off the DR menu because foods are brought at the same time and later courses are not at the right temperature. That's just MHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our team on the Golden was the best we have ever had.

The manager was Edgar from Mexico

and the waiters were:

Rico from Mexico

Oscar from India

Woytek from Poland

Henry from the Philipines

They would sing Italian songs each morning and just generally entertain us while providing excellent service.

They joked that there wasn't an Italian in the bunch so they had no idea what they were singing. :D

What ship was this on?

You should have spoken to the head waiter as this is certainly not the norm for Sabatini's as you can tell from other's posts.

This was on the Ruby in March.

To be honest; so many people on this forum absolutely love lunch in the MDR and we've never found it to be anything special, so it could be just us. So we were thinking this was the normal experience and just not something we enjoy. It never occurred to me to speak to someone.

This was on the Ruby in March.

To be honest; so many people on this forum absolutely love lunch in the MDR and we've never found it to be anything special, so it could be just us. So we were thinking this was the normal experience and just not something we enjoy. It never occurred to me to speak to someone.

I'm confused.:confused:

Was this in the main dining room or Sabatini's?

We were on a B2B in February on the Ruby and had superb service at breakfast in Sabatini's. However the head waiter did change at the end of our second leg.

We only ate in the main dining room twice and it was not good either time.

I'm confused.:confused:

Was this in the main dining room or Sabatini's?

My apologies - I was making a comparison. Many rave and rave about lunch in the MDR, but we've always found it lacking on several fronts, so we tend not to go.

So, it didn't surprise us when Sabatini's wasn't up to the hype we've read here, which is why we didn't speak to anyone.

We had our first suite (WS) on Grand in Sept to Alaska. Sabatini's was our favorite perk. So quiet, relaxed and totally spoiled us. The food was excellent and staff were great. For our upcoming Hawaii cruise we have usually booked the Emerald Deck mini in the past but decided to go back to the WS for the room size, being able to order off the dining room menu, and Sabatini's.

I agree with others we wouldn't pay the extra for a suite JUST for the Sabatini's breakfast but we love it so much virtually every weekend when I'm making breakfast at home my line to my wife is "I wouldn't be doing this if we were at Sabatini's! " :- )

After the first day's breakfast in Sabatini's. we never order again. Our extra spicy Virgin Mary appears when we sit down.

Our special potatoes "Americain" with eggs cooked just to our order are next along with the toasted English muffins and jam. No fanfare, nothing extra, just superb service with pleasant conversation with the serving staff. Finally, some very fresh decafe to quietly drink at our leisure.

We find it very important to take the opportunity to learn about the staff, their likes and dislikes, background, and aspirations. Generally, Princess selects special folks for the Sabatini's staff. It is very worthwhile to get to know them.

For those cruises with several sea days, the Sabatini's breakfast is the perfect start to a wonderful cruise day. It is not a place for a hurried breakfast. "What's not to like?"

We have 5 sea days on the Star coming up in January 2015 so I can't wait. This is our first PH suite.

Read that they open at 7 am on port days? Is that enough time

to eat and meet (rhymes with meet and greet) an 8:15 Shorex? Should we eat and run at the HC instead?

Are Mochas or Lattes included?

We have 5 sea days on the Star coming up in January 2015 so I can't wait. This is our first PH suite.

to eat and meet (rhymes with meet and greet) an 8:15 Shorex? Should we eat and run at the HC instead?

That's plenty of time as long as you are there when they open. We take our time and still only spend about 30-40 min there.

I have gotten a cappucino the last few times so I don't know why you couldn't get a Latte.

Count dh and I among those loving breakfast at Sabatinis. We have a suite this coming August and are sure looking forward to this perk. We have only had a suite once before and we sure loved it. The food and the service was wonderful. We usually visit the International Cafe (if we don't have this perk) for breakfast. I am so grateful for all the options for meals. Personally, I hate buffets. I avoid them at all costs while others love them and rave about the HC. This is one thing that makes cruising such an awesome vacation. Plenty of choices for everyone.

My apologies - I was making a comparison. Many rave and rave about lunch in the MDR, but we've always found it lacking on several fronts, so we tend not to go.

So, it didn't surprise us when Sabatini's wasn't up to the hype we've read here, which is why we didn't speak to anyone.

Where do you eat onboard?

Have had the pleasure of Sabatini's for breakfast on a few cruises now. Love it! We will be sailing on the Golden 5/24 to Alaska and I cannot wait to have breakfast in Sabatini's once again. Will also be on the Caribbean Princess 10/11 and have another opportunity to have the Sabatini's breakfast!

Marianne in Reading PA

:):):):

Yes, you can get mochas and lattes if you want also mimosas and someone mentioned Bloody Marys.

Just let your server know when you need to leave so they can take care of you.

One one of cruises with a suite, we had a couple of early meet times for Shorex. We went to Sabattini's and simply did a continental breakfast - some rolls, fruit and drinks. We let them know we only had about 20 minutes and they worked with us to make it a good 20 minutes.

Someone earlier mentioned losing suite perks. Beside the free internet, what else went away?

We absolutely love Sabatini's. It is such a nice,quiet way to start our day. The service and food has always been exceptional, and our table (by the window) is always waiting for us. :)

Breakfast in Sabatini is a great experience if this is your first or even second suite experience. But for those of us who have travled in suites for the past 10 years, it gets to be old hat. As the Sabatini Maitre D may know your name by day 2, I could recite the entire menu after 2 cruises, and not one menue item has changed in the 10 years we have gone there. It becomes a little comical when you are handed the imposing menue with much pomp and circumstances when you already know what is in it!! The food may be slightly better as in the orange juice clearly not being from concentrates and the fact that you can get mimosas (I take the comment about change in the menu back, as they did take a glass of champagne off your choices some 4 or so years ago :( ). However, you can get most of the menue items available at Sabatini brought to your suite through the in-suite menue, which is shaken up with some rotation of novel omelets or other items. Also several of the "exclusive items" i.e. the youghourt-granola swirl, you can get at the International caffee. Yes you can get expresso drinks in Sabatini's, but most of us have cards anyways and on our recent cruise on the Royal, we were next to the concierge lounge which has a wonderful expresso drink machine for unlimitted use 24h by the suite guests and which we greatly contributed to never being idle!

One thing that bugged me by the way, was that when you entered Sabatini they had several loaves (sp?) of artisan bread displayed, but you could not get a slice of them, only the mass produced square pieces of breads were delivered. Also, while they had croissants, they did not have the yummy dinner rolls, though we could get them on our in-suite menu.

Well each to their own I guess, for us having a lavish breakfast served on a linnen on the table on our balcony is a much greater joy, than to have it in the somewhat pretentious production being put on in the Sabatini