!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

I was finally able to finish your wonderful review, Gambee. I loved everything and am so glad that you enjoyed your Breeze cruise. So far, this is my favourite Carnival ship and I hope to cruise her again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know this will not be an easy time for you and your mother and I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts in the days to come. Take good care of each other.

Heather

Thank you Heather :)

Gambee... I have no plans on sailing the Breeze but have read throughout the entire review just because they're so entertaining. I am really glad to see how much you liked Carnival after being skeptical about them. Of the 4 lines I have sailed they're the only one I've done more than once (3x) and have loved them all. It's very frustrating to hear from people that are so against it for what they've heard from others but to each his own I guess. My first experience on a "mega" ship is coming up in August on the Breakaway and then I think I will have to try one of Carnivals big ships. Oh and I will certainly be overusing the illustrator effect on my new NEX5T. Absolutely love those pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Gambee... I have no plans on sailing the Breeze but have read throughout the entire review just because they're so entertaining. I am really glad to see how much you liked Carnival after being skeptical about them. Of the 4 lines I have sailed they're the only one I've done more than once (3x) and have loved them all. It's very frustrating to hear from people that are so against it for what they've heard from others but to each his own I guess. My first experience on a "mega" ship is coming up in August on the Breakaway and then I think I will have to try one of Carnivals big ships. Oh and I will certainly be overusing the illustrator effect on my new NEX5T. Absolutely love those pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was not aware the 5T had the illustration effect, thats great! I have also noticed that the illustration effect is much more colorful on the NEX cameras than it was on the RX. You will love the end results!

I was not aware the 5T had the illustration effect, thats great! I have also noticed that the illustration effect is much more colorful on the NEX cameras than it was on the RX. You will love the end results!

Actually, i saw it listed as one of the features on one web site and was very dissapointed when it wasn't there but it is in the picture effect app i was able to download to it.

BTW - Love the video of the Breeze leaving Miami. Was that done with the time laps app or did you edit a regular video later on?

Actually, i saw it listed as one of the features on one web site and was very dissapointed when it wasn't there but it is in the picture effect app i was able to download to it.

BTW - Love the video of the Breeze leaving Miami. Was that done with the time laps app or did you edit a regular video later on?

I used iMovie for that video. I know there is a timelapse on the camera, I might try that later one. Time lapse videos are more jumpy than the ones that are high speed.

I am glad you were still able to get the illustration mode, even if you had to download it.

The port is all about tourists with plenty of shops and restaurants, I have never been a fan of either of them. But I know for a fact that many love it as does my mom.

I guess now I can tell you what shore excursion I picked for Cozumel this time, although I am sure by now you know. I picked the 12 meter regatta sail boat racing, this is one shore excursion that I have been wanting to do since before I was born.

This excursion looks like fun! Did you book through Carnival or directly?

Edited by Kim_KS

through Carnival, you can't book them independently. Carnival holds a contract with them.

Thanks for the quick response and for your entire review! It was so helpful and entertaining! I can't wait to go on the Breeze!

I have heard your name in the past mentioned in Cruise Critic as one of the best reviewers out there and I have to say, I had never had the pleasure before now, of reading one of those reviews. Now I can happily correct that error, and your review of the Breeze is awesome! So glad you went on her recently as Dh and I have been trying to decide on whether to sail her or a less expensive ship. (say a fantasy class). I really really appreciate the review and so sorry Mom could not come along! //Newbie on the High Seas! :)

Just an observation as I was on your same sailing:::

Rust or no rust, the Triumph crew were very festive as guest exited the ship to enjoy a port day. There was music and they got the crowd pumped up for a great day. When we returned to the Breeze I hung out on my balcony for a bit, which faced the Triumph. As the shipped sailed out of the port they were still having a great party. The music was pumping and I was clapping and dancing on my balcony right along with them. The Breeze was silent in comparison when we sailed away.

Totally and completely off subject... but... I'm pretty sure you and I were on WW at the same time! I think you were planning a totally different type of wedding, and then changed EVERYTHING because you wanted to have a wedding that fit more with you and your (now DW)'s interests. If you are who I think you are, what a small little world we live in!!

On subject: I've read all of your reviews, Gambee, including being halfway through this one. I would definitely say you're in my top three favorite reviewers :) I got super excited when I saw that you were going to be reviewing Carnival, and am happy that you seem so pleased with the line! I can't wait for your next cruise as much as YOU can't! I also hope you find someone who loves cruising as much as you do. I can't remember which ship it was... and PLEASE take no offense... but when your ex went with you I had a hard time getting through the review because I couldn't help but think how frustrated I would be if I paid for someone to watch TV in their stateroom throughout almost an entire cruise. You definitely need someone with the same interests as you!

Great review so far. Looking forward to the rest! I'm deciding on the Oasis and the Breeze, and possibly Breakaway for my family. We will have kids 9, 7, and 3 and the time of our sailing, and I'm finding this review, and your reviews of the Allure and Breakaway very helpful in my decision. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Hi.

Did you decide on Oasis or Breeze.

I'm having a hard time justifying $1,300 more with great ports for Breeze.

BUT, I REALLY REALLY want to get on the Oasis.

After my next 7 day cruise on RCCL, I'll finally be Diamond.

Hi.

Did you decide on Oasis or Breeze.

I'm having a hard time justifying $1,300 more with great ports for Breeze.

BUT, I REALLY REALLY want to get on the Oasis.

After my next 7 day cruise on RCCL, I'll finally be Diamond.

Still haven't decided yet. We are looking for summer 2016 so much will depend on the itinerary. Although we are leaning towards the Breeze.

Still haven't decided yet. We are looking for summer 2016 so much will depend on the itinerary. Although we are leaning towards the Breeze.

hhhmmm, I'm looking for Summer 2015.

For Carnival Breeze in July 2015:

I am looking at 2 cabins, both Cove balconies.

One a double, one a triple.

For Oasis in July 2015:

I am looking at 2 cabins, both double and triple.

Boardwalk View Balcony

The total for 2 cabins on the Breeze is $1390 so $1400 difference than the Oasis.

Oasis is one more night of cruising.

$700 per cabin more.

I have a 21 year old daughter and a 17 year old son.

Edited by js

Hi Gambee

I just wanted to say what a great review.

You have great insight and a super eye for images.

I will confess that if I were 15 years younger, and living in the USA :) , I think I would be trying to lure you into a date with me. As a single gay guy who loves cruising I know how hard it is to travel solo. WTG.

I hope you find someone special in your life who will also share your love of travel on the oceans.

Keep up the good work. Also a quick question - you mentioned the venue for the LGBT gathering, did you go, and if you did were there many people in attendance?

And a final note to Gambees Mum. Well done for raising your son into such a nice, charming young man, his kindness and character come across in his reviews and I think he will be a real catch when he finds the right one.

I have heard your name in the past mentioned in Cruise Critic as one of the best reviewers out there and I have to say, I had never had the pleasure before now, of reading one of those reviews. Now I can happily correct that error, and your review of the Breeze is awesome! So glad you went on her recently as Dh and I have been trying to decide on whether to sail her or a less expensive ship. (say a fantasy class). I really really appreciate the review and so sorry Mom could not come along! //Newbie on the High Seas! :)

Thank you for the kind comment. Glad you found one of my reviews, I take a lot of pride on them :)

Thank you Gambee for your review. Found it to be very informative. Looking at going on the Breeze in 2016.

After reading your review for the Breeze, I will read your other reviews for the other cruises you have been on.

Glad you liked it, I suggest you start with the Allure review. That was my very first and there is tons of information there that sets the story.

Hi Gambee

I just wanted to say what a great review.

You have great insight and a super eye for images.

I will confess that if I were 15 years younger, and living in the USA :) , I think I would be trying to lure you into a date with me. As a single gay guy who loves cruising I know how hard it is to travel solo. WTG.

I hope you find someone special in your life who will also share your love of travel on the oceans.

Keep up the good work. Also a quick question - you mentioned the venue for the LGBT gathering, did you go, and if you did were there many people in attendance?

And a final note to Gambees Mum. Well done for raising your son into such a nice, charming young man, his kindness and character come across in his reviews and I think he will be a real catch when he finds the right one.

Thank you so much for your nice comment, it was very nicely written. To answer your question, I never attended the LGBT meetings. I am not sure why, but I have never been a fan of them, maybe something personal. But the now that I am aging I see that this could be the perfect place to meet someone that loves cruising. I will try to make an attempt to at least make it to one meeting per cruise from now on.

Gambee,

I am really enjoying your review so far. I love all the pictures and I even shared with my mom. I haven't been on a carnival cruise in so long so mom and I are thinking of taking the breeze. Along with my kids so this is really helping me. Thanks for a great review :)

Glad you liked it, I suggest you start with the Allure review. That was my very first and there is tons of information there that sets the story.

Definitely will read that review first. Have been thinking about going on a Royal Caribbean or a Norwegian cruise just to see the differences between them & Carnival.

Great Review we just booked the Breeze for July 27th:D anyways so now I am rushing to get all my planning done.:eek: we live just south of Tampa and normally just drive over the morning of but was thinking about trying to stay the night before and since your from the area sort of LOl do you know any hotels that have parking and a shuttle I am having a hard time finding one that does both

Gambee,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note and say how much I thoroughly enjoy reading all of your reviews. I had read the Breakaway one prior to this one but had to go back and read all of your other ones now. :) You have a true talent for photography as well as writing and it is very much appreciated here. You are an asset to CC community. Thank you for sharing your talents and hard work with us.

I am heartbroken to hear about your grandmother. I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. My deepest sympathies and prayers for comfort and strength are with you and your family. I'm sure she will be cruising along side you in spirit.

If you don't mind, I have a few un cruise related questions. I also have the Rx100 and the new a6000 (along with the olympus tough tg-2), I was wondering if you have any preset or setting tips and/or developing presets for adobe? I am pretty familiar with most aspects of adobe and adobe programs as I use them for my job but I am less familiar with lightroom/photoshop developing presets etc. I am sure no matter what my photos will not be as great as yours but my goal is that they are better than using a simple point and shoot or a smartphone as most seem to use these days.

I was also wondering if you could recommend a good case for the a6000 with maybe a zoom lens and the pancake or kit lens? I've been looking several places but many do not show you the inside of the case to see how much room you would have for how many lenses etc.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you could provide. I look forward to reading many more of your future awesome reviews. :)

Edited by Bonbi