Deluxe Obstructed Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Hi all,

Can someone explain what the obstructed view would be for the "deluxe obstructed ocean view stateroom w/balcony"? Wondering if it's worth the going down to that from my D8 balcony cabin? Thanks any information you can give me. Happy Cruising!

Edited by Annefran

For most of them I think it's the top of the life boat. There's a really great site that lets you stack decks on top of each other to see exactly what's above and below. It uses the words "cruise" and "deck" and "plans." When we booked the D-8 was something like only $25 more than the obstructive view, so it didn't really make sense to go down a category.

For most of them I think it's the top of the life boat. There's a really great site that lets you stack decks on top of each other to see exactly what's above and below. It uses the words "cruise" and "deck" and "plans." When we booked the D-8 was something like only $25 more than the obstructive view, so it didn't really make sense to go down a category.

Thanks for the information.

The rooms are designated as 50% (most) and 75% obstructed. When you call for your cabin, have a list in order of preference and they can tell you the amount of obstruction for each cabin.

Here are the ones I called about for Anthem, in case you were wondering:

6570 50%

6572 75%

6170 50%

6172 75%

6616 75%

6618 50%

6608 50%

6610 50%

The rooms are designated as 50% (most) and 75% obstructed. When you call for your cabin, have a list in order of preference and they can tell you the amount of obstruction for each cabin.

Here are the ones I called about for Anthem, in case you were wondering:

6570 50%

6572 75%

6170 50%

6172 75%

6616 75%

6618 50%

6608 50%

6610 50%

Thanks Marci, great information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...
Hi all,

Can someone explain what the obstructed view would be for the "deluxe obstructed ocean view stateroom w/balcony"? Wondering if it's worth the going down to that from my D8 balcony cabin? Thanks any information you can give me. Happy Cruising!

Here, you may want to look at silentbob007's excellent trip report. He has a photo of a DO cabin in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44926306&postcount=25