Check your prices! :)

KPfromCT

First timer here. Can you only get OBC or will the savings be deducted from the cost if you still have a balance? Can OBC be used towards excursions?

If you haven't finished paying for your cruise, then the OBC can be applied to the balance due. If you have finished paying, then the OBC is applied to your account. I'm sure that you would be able to use it for excursions since it's applied to your account. We had almost $400 in credits on our cruise last year and we used them just like a regular account. So far, we have $200 for this year's cruise but I have heard of people getting almost as much as $1000 :eek:!!! Can you imagine???

You will have to submit the price protection form to get the OBC:

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

ETA: By the way, I believe that your room much be in the same category as the cheaper room to get the credit.

Edited by mephistoles

If you haven't finished paying for your cruise, then the OBC can be applied to the balance due. If you have finished paying, then the OBC is applied to your account. I'm sure that you would be able to use it for excursions since it's applied to your account. We had almost $400 in credits on our cruise last year and we used them just like a regular account. So far, we have $200 for this year's cruise but I have heard of people getting almost as much as $1000 :eek:!!! Can you imagine???

You will have to submit the price protection form to get the OBC:

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

ETA: By the way, I believe that your room much be in the same category as the cheaper room to get the credit.

Thank you

Pleas note: I checked the "fareviewer" this morning and it indicated to take advantage of a lower price for the summer promotion I would not be able to select my own room. When I did a mock booking 4 hours later the CCL website advised me for this promotion I could choose my own room. Good idea to always check the fareviewer and do a mock booking....

Did another mock booking before I left work today, and got another $100 price drop.

Mind you, this is less than one week later of our $150 price drop.

We booked this cruise in February, for July.

Booked at $4220.20

3 people in a Lido balcony.

As of today, our total is $1990.20

$1300 in price drops.

I am in AWE:eek::eek:

Again, I know summer cruises are HIGH, so I didn't expect ANY drops.

Final is not due until June 5th, so I am hoping for a few more.

Still 9 cabins to price match to.:D:D

Did another mock booking before I left work today, and got another $100 price drop.

Mind you, this is less than one week later of our $150 price drop.

We booked this cruise in February, for July.

Booked at $4220.20

3 people in a Lido balcony.

As of today, our total is $1990.20

$1300 in price drops.

I am in AWE:eek::eek:

Again, I know summer cruises are HIGH, so I didn't expect ANY drops.

Final is not due until June 5th, so I am hoping for a few more.

Still 9 cabins to price match to.:D:D

Good for you. That cabin was overpriced for sure! That's alot of OBC to usr up, but I would have a ball trying!!:D

Whoops!!!!! Meant to say $2990.20. Geez. Sorry. But how nice would that be??? Lol

Yeah, when you said, $1990 I was like what the :eek:, what cruise is that in July! I wanna go. I was ready to do a b2b.

I never get price drops either and now I'm wondering if I'm not understanding something.

Original price, 2 people, cat 8C - $1648 (before tax) with $150 OBC.

Fareviewer is showing, cat 8C - $1618

or upgrade to 8E for $1678.

Is my original price better because of the OBC? Or is that not a factor in comparing? :confused:

Wondering if I should call to ask for the $1618 rate or if the OBC with the orig rate means I got a better deal.

Well, I spoke to two different agents and they both said the same. I would lose the OBC because of the way I got it (through a sale promotion). They both said I am actually better priced with the original booking and I would only gain if a sale came out that gave a $150 or more price drop.

It's a good thing when your happy with what you got but a little extra $$ could never hurt. :)

Good for you. That cabin was overpriced for sure! That's alot of OBC to usr up, but I would have a ball trying!!:D

See? And we didn't think it was too overpriced considering it was July. And eight nights. But don't get me wrong we are thrilled with the fact that we're saving $1300. We are at the same price we paid last year for the eight nights on the breeze in April. Two more weeks for price drops!!!! Lol

It's not OBC. We have not made final payment yet. So it's just reducing our final payment. Either way it's money in our pocket. :D

My August cruise finally went down some, but I had booked at a great rate last fall, so I didn't qualify for a price drop, but I'm just glad to see it moved some. It's been the same thing for months. This gives me hope that it'll go down some before we sail and get a little OBC.