What clothes for the Baltic in July please

Hi,

We have just booked for Brilliance early July. We've checked the weather and it looks good, but not sure if this is usual. Has anyone been at that time and can offer advice please on what to pack or anything else about Brilliance or the Baltic... Thanks

I went in July 2012 and we had lovely weather. I've just looked back at my photos and I'm in shorts & a t shirt in all the ports. I do remember having a cold start in Copenhagen, but that soon changed and we had a couple of rainy/windy sea days in the North Sea. So I would agree go with layers and alternatives just in case. I was expecting Baltic to mean cold though and it really wasn't.

Hi,

Thanks essexlass2 and GaryT-UK, I was surprised at the weather forecast, as like you I imagined the weather would be a bit cool even in the Summer.

Good to know it should be warm. Will do as you suggest and take layers.

This will be our first cruise, only booked today, we are booked for the Independence in November and that would have been our first but decided to go for this as it seems a long time until November :)

Will be searching the forums for advice, trying not to ask obvious questions :rolleyes:

We were there late June/early July last year. The weather was warm and sunny but we had torrential rain one day in St Petersburg, so Id take clothes that you'd wear in the UK in summer plus a light waterproof jacket and a sweater for on deck at night. Theres lots of cobbled streets in the old towns so a comfortable pair of shoes as well.

Enjoy it, its a wonderful cruise.