Ne/canada In Sept-what To Wear?

missarchie

Hi

We're going to NE/Canada in Sept also, but towards the middle-end. Even if I were going early Sept like you are, I don't think I'd wear white pants. We used to live in NYS, and after Labor Day the whites were packed up till the spring. My honest opinion is that you'd feel and look out of place. I hope you enjoy your trip; we're really looking forward to ours'.

Esther

NE/Canada can have wide temperature swings in one day at that time of year. It can be 40 in the morning and 70's in the afternoon. I would definitely bring a pair of capris and a pair of shorts and then bring layering stuff that you can take off or put on.

• 2 weeks later...
Leaving Sept. 4, so after Labor Day, but can't decide to wear white capris or not. Is it more fall clothing at that time? Maybe just looking for an excuse to do some more shopping!!

Leave the white capris at home and bring a warm coat and pack warm clothes. I live in Saint John New, Brunswick and if you are going to be here in September, dress in layers , the days can start off very cold and end up being very warm. If you blink the weather changes.It tends to get very foggy here in the fall.

I would go shopping and have a ball??!!;)

I never miss a chance to shop! But honestly... summer is still in bloom here til 9/22 (and often beyond). Labor Day is one of the best holidays to spend at the Cape.... and a good secret since rates go down.

While the nites may be getting cool (if we're lucky after the hot summer we are having :) ).... the days are still very warm. Sweaters if you are on the water but mostly cotton cardigans that end up being tied around your waist or shoulders after 10am. And don't forget a compact umbrella in your tote bag/backback.

I guess I am not a traditionalist..... I think white is fine anytime. In most cities you will find it now available year round although the textures will change.

Have a great trip, you are travelling to a great area at a wonderful time of year.

Hi, I was on the Cape for Labor Day in 2001, it's a very nice place to be.

But keep in mind, it's different in Montreal and New Bruswick (I'm American living here so I can really see the difference climate wise).

It can go down to the 40's in Sept. Can start even end August. In the day, it might be warm for a few hours. I was in New Brunswick once beginning of July (July 4th weekend). It was hot the first day, the second day it was cold. There were some tourists from France on my "sightseeing excursion" (this was not a cruise) and they were frozen for not having the right clothing.

I would definitely leave the shorts and white capris at home for Montreal and New Brunswick. I would pack a fall type jacket and long pants. As for what to wear on the ship, I can't help you, I'm going on my first cruise to Alaska.

For Montreal, I would think early fall in NYC, for daytime, for a jacket a nice raincoat with a zip out lining would work really well.

You're getting lots of good advice.

I agree, leave the white at home.

Layers is a great suggestion.

Bring comfy walking shoes, a light jacket and warm jacket (those 3 in 1 system jackets are great).

I live just south of Boston and in a 12 hour period from Sunday-Monday we went from 95 degrees with oppressive humidity to an electrical storm so severe it caused flash flooding and massive damage (my tv's, dvd players and satellite system were all fried by a lightning strike) to the low 60's and comfortable humidity. :eek:

Just be prepared for anything. A 40 degree temp fluctuation from day to night is not unusual but those temp changes make for beautiful foliage!

Have a great cruise.

Archived