Kids scooters on board

Gilly's Daughter

I swear I read on Princess's site that these are not allowed but I cannot find it for the life of me. Best I found was that you sign in to your cruise personalizer and read your passage contract.

There's a list of what's not allowed, like fishing poles, weapons, handcuffs, etc

I found a list of prohibited items on cruise ships at a UK site. Included are bicycles, skateboards, and many more items.

Grannycb, do you have a link to that site or could you quote the specific paragraph for the OP

OP, did you read your passage contract to see if it mentions what is allowed onboard?

Thank you everyone for your concern but please stop the sniping.

PS. I spoke to our TA who said 'no problem'.

Well there ya go, if the TA cleared it then what is the issue? :rolleyes:

Sorry but sniping is part of a public forum. :cool:

Grannycb, do you have a link to that site or could you quote the specific paragraph for the OP

OP, did you read your passage contract to see if it mentions what is allowed onboard?

I did a search on Skateboards Prohibited on Cruise Ships. There were many sites listing identical information.

It might be possible to request permission from Princess in advance. On a Baltic cruise I saw a couple carrying their folding bikes off Emerald Princess. They collected them from security at ports.

Well there ya go, if the TA cleared it then what is the issue? :rolleyes:

Sorry but sniping is part of a public forum. :cool:

Those who think all TAs give out good info-stand on your head. :rolleyes:

thanks Pink Belle for reply.

My kids regularly use the scooters in Spain so traffic on other side of the road wont be a problem.

I think we will take them and chance it. If they get stuck with security for a week so be it

You must be doing france and spain next week, same as myself.

If so please do join our small roll call. You will find us a lot more friendly than some of the posters answering you here.

If you dont, then please do make sure you enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

Hi Swiss Dave

Hope you are well. 4 days to go!

I have already joined the roll call as has my mum (Grandma Gilly)

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Leanne

Excellent, looking forward to meeting you.

Glad you are able to let the kids scoot in port! Will make moving them along all the more interesting.

Having already raised 4 children in busy west London, I am sure yours too are able to cope with the rules of the road with ease!

Those scooters were designed to collapse and fit in a back pack. Get each kid a compatible back pack and go for it. They will talk about the time they rode their scooters in xyz city for the rest of their lives. I have been dragging my son around the world since he was six months old and it is ALWAYS an adventure no matter what you bring or don't bring. In the early years any travel to a new place involved locating the nearest playground to let him be a kid for a while. I wish I had brought his scooter on more of those early trips.

I cherish all those "kid" memories from our travels because I would not have had the same experiences traveling without my son's perspective.

On another note, several years ago, late at night, I did see a crew member riding a skateboard on the Lido deck when no one was around. So, it does happen.

Those scooters were designed to collapse and fit in a back pack. Get each kid a compatible back pack and go for it. They will talk about the time they rode their scooters in xyz city for the rest of their lives. I have been dragging my son around the world since he was six months old and it is ALWAYS an adventure no matter what you bring or don't bring. In the early years any travel to a new place involved locating the nearest playground to let him be a kid for a while. I wish I had brought his scooter on more of those early trips.

I cherish all those "kid" memories from our travels because I would not have had the same experiences traveling without my son's perspective.

On another note, several years ago, late at night, I did see a crew member riding a skateboard on the Lido deck when no one was around. So, it does happen.

Thank you for your lovely words. I remember, many years ago, an old lady telling us that we are 'buying memories' and she was so right.