Assigned GTY upgraded

JewlzC

Hello all,

Once your GTY is assigned is there any chance of being upgraded ?

Sailing on the Breakaway in 1 week!

I heard somewhere that they wont change a GTY. We are on the same sailing!

I just booked a BX on the Breakaway. This is a Deck 8 balcony, no bad rooms, if we get an upgrade great.

I read there were only 4 BX cabins so chances of an upgrade are high I think!!

I had a gty inside in april and was assigned a cabin # 10 days before my cruise, but 4 days before my pcc called to wish me safe travels and after asking about the chance of an upgrade, was able to get me an ov for no additional fee, and was I glad. I got a look into the cabin that was assigned to me and was it small.

So glad I asked, I never would have been comfy in that inside.

I thought the very definition of a GTY was that you were guaranteed your class of cabin "or better". Which means upgrades are possible!

In any case I am happy to report that it worked out for myself just recently on NCL Spirit! We had booked deck 5 inside rooms but at the last minute chickened out and our TA helped us upgrade to GTY porthole window rooms. When we got to the port, surprise of surprises, both our rooms had been upgraded to deck 10 balconies. We were not side by side, but not too far a walk from each other, and we had balconies on both port and starboard so we were able to have great views.

By fluke (long story) we did manage to also experience staying in a deck 4 porthole window cabin for one night... boy, were we happy for the upgrade.

I thought the very definition of a GTY was that you were guaranteed your class of cabin "or better". Which means upgrades are possible!

Yes, that's the correct definition of GTY. But once they DO assign you to a cabin (in the GTY class "or better"), they don't generally change it again for an upgrade without you calling and paying something for it. This is what the OP asked about.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Yes, that's the correct definition of GTY. But once they DO assign you to a cabin (in the GTY class "or better"), they don't generally change it again for an upgrade without you calling and paying something for it. This is what the OP asked about.

Ahhh.. I misunderstood the question then. Sorry.

After I got my assigned cabin Number, I got an upgrade from that inside cabin to an OV, plus I went from forward to midship. and I didn't pay anything more