Toy checkout on RCCL

beckster42

Anyone sail recently and been able to check out toys for little ones from the nursery? I know I had heard the program had changed/was ending but had read that people were still able to check them out. I am just curious what kinds of toys there are. We are sailing soon on the Freedom with our 17 month old and I'm trying to decide what to bring of our own toys....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were able to check out bags of toys on the Indy in January.

My understanding is that the link in with Fisher Price was ending...not the actual toy lending program, but I may be wrong.

i actually started a post about this a while ago asking people to keep updating. the last word was that there were still toys available.

when my son was 19 months we were on Indy (just last December) while the program was still going on and the toy bags were so so- there were a few small toys in each bag to check out.

In addition to that (which we sailed with friends and they were next door so the 2 boys played with both bags together on the balcony) i had a few books.. go to the dollar store and get magnets b/c they stick on the cabin walls and provided endless entertainment for my son. i had lots of crayons and coloring books with me too. but we ended up not being in the room much and the few toys there were fine with him.

we just went to disney (not cruise) and i had the travel packs of play doh and that entertained him for HOURS upon hours so they will be coming on the upcoming cruise as well.

i also had some blow up beach balls and that was fine in the splash pool for him too.

If you have a cabin with a balcony, I would also recommend a few dry erase markers.

We bring a few and the kids love to draw pictures on the plex-glass while we sit on the balcony. It is easy to clean up with a towel when they are done and they are a small item for packing purposes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sailed on Freedom May 18 - 25th with a 19 month old and 3 yr old. We were able to check toys out of the nursery, nothing available in the 3 - 5 yr old room. They have a book of toy sets that you can select from. Mostly Fisher Price toys. I would suggest going as soon as you get on board as they went pretty quick. We selected the farm set which contained a small barn, tractor, pig, cow, chicken and farmer. We never tried to exchange it so I don't know what was available mid-week.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...