Star Princess Review w/ Photos!! 3 Day Pacific Coastal

flyawayca

Good review. On both my PC and I pad none of your photos show up. I wonder why? Perhaps someone else will know.

Tom

Same here. It looks like the OP exceeded their bandwidth limit with Photobucket, and will need to pay for a Plus account for their photos to be seen again.

Try right clicking on the picture and select "open up in a new tab" - that works for me.

I also had trouble seeing the pics. Did the right click but still only saw a postage stamp sized photo.

I forgot to notice...what was the embarkation origin of the NCL cruise portion? LA or SF? I'm not terribly fond of NCL but would be willing to do this sort of cruise R/T to avoid flying.

Does anyone know why Princess changed out the Grand with the Star this year but switching them back for next year?

Same here. It looks like the OP exceeded their bandwidth limit with Photobucket, and will need to pay for a Plus account for their photos to be seen again.

OP! Use flickr. No bandwidth limits... :)

You have two options:

1. Right lick on the Photo Bucket Icon in his post and then select open image in new tab. That should open a new browser window on the PhotoBucket website where you can see all of OP photos for the trip.

2. Click on this link and it should take you to the same place.

http://s729.photobucket.com/user/bridenamedjenn/media/IMG_2805.jpg.html

Then use the left and right arrows to cycle through all of his photos.

You have two options:

1. Right lick on the Photo Bucket Icon in his post and then select open image in new tab. That should open a new browser window on the PhotoBucket website where you can see all of OP photos for the trip.

2. Click on this link and it should take you to the same place.

http://s729.photobucket.com/user/bridenamedjenn/media/IMG_2805.jpg.html

Then use the left and right arrows to cycle through all of his photos.

Thanks for that link! Now I can see them.

Sue

After disembarking the NCL Pearl we headed to our hotel. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown. Great hotel at a good price. The hotel is within walking distance to everything. They also offer free shuttle service to local attractions (including Canada Place and Stanley Park) and free breakfast in the morning.

After checking in to our hotel we walked to Stanley Park. It is beautiful there.

5abe73d6-e97d-4ab6-bddf-fe804f3701e8.jpg

29842465-2fbf-4b0a-b3ee-b8fed35a7715.jpg

6d7090d7-ec9f-478d-af49-011a75f9fbfa.jpg

After walking Stanley Park we walked by the Olympic Cauldren.

2cfb1a45-b57c-40a6-8ce4-694b34dd36e1.jpg

Later that night we went to Gastown. There we ate at The Flying Pig. I highly recommend this place! Excellent service, great food, plus they have local brews on tap. Awesome!

And while you are in Gastown check out their steam clock!

95a755f3-861d-4989-9a12-662af731c52b.jpg

I ate at the flying pig earlier this month for lunch. Boss took us after we finished the income tax season. What did you have. I had the triple pea soup. It was delllliiiiiioooooouuuuussss. Also the beef short rib (off the dinner menu).

I ate at the flying pig earlier this month for lunch. Boss took us after we finished the income tax season. What did you have. I had the triple pea soup. It was delllliiiiiioooooouuuuussss. Also the beef short rib (off the dinner menu).

I know without a doubt whenever I go back to Vancouver I will go out of my way to go back to that place. Sooo good! And next time I'm getting a full meal! We actually only ended up having sides while we were there. I got the lobster risotto and my husband got (and I tried) the pulled pork poutine. YUM! Plus we each got a drink. He tried the Stanley Park Pilsner they had on tap and I got the Red Roof Cider. Both very good too! They really need to just open up a location in the states... or more specifically right next to my house in CA. :D

I did. :mad: Just got it fixed though as I'm sure everyone can tell :)

I also had trouble seeing the pics. Did the right click but still only saw a postage stamp sized photo.

I forgot to notice...what was the embarkation origin of the NCL cruise portion? LA or SF? I'm not terribly fond of NCL but would be willing to do this sort of cruise R/T to avoid flying.

Does anyone know why Princess changed out the Grand with the Star this year but switching them back for next year?

We embarked in LA on the NCL cruise. We did have to fly to LA. But it was so much nicer only having one short flight then one or two long ones :)

That's a standard sized cabin. aprox. 168sf. Not much more than the standard NCL cabin of 159sf. I've always found Princess cabins to be a bit small.

Really? Wow, only 9 square feet bigger? It felt so much bigger. I'd say it felt like 25sq feet bigger than the NCL room we had. Maybe it just had a better setup.

OP! Use flickr. No bandwidth limits... :)

Flickr doesn't have bandwith limits? Even for the free accounts? Then why am I using Photobucket???????? Haha. I know what I will use next time! The bandwidth limit always gets me when I post my reviews on CC.

loved the pics of Vancouver and Victoria. I drove thru Stanley Park today as my mother turned 92 and she wanted to see all the flowers. unfortunately, the flowers weren`t in bloom yet, but at least it was a nice sunny day

We were fortunate to be able to visit Vancouver on a sunny warm day. I love Stanley Park, I'll have to be sure to go back to see the flowers in bloom myself :)

Your post made me realize I didn't post any pictures of Vancouver from our sail away.

c1f50905-4a7d-49db-b0f8-9a36294db21f.jpg

d045479e-89a2-49c6-89a1-a3e225f50313.jpg

My husband and I took the repositioning 3 day Pacific Coastal cruise on the Star Princess May 9th. This was our first Princess cruise and our 8th cruise overall. (For those who have signatures turned off we have sailed Carnival, RCCL, and NCL)

Although this isn't a normal cruise I wanted to write a review so people could see some pictures of the ship and have a chance to ask any questions they may have :)

We boarded the ship in Vancouver, BC Canada, we had one stop in Victoria, BC then had a day at sea. On the 12th we disembarked in San Francisco. Right before this cruise we took a 5-day Pacific Coastal on NCL to Vancouver. We sailed on this ship to get back home. Why fly home when you can cruise home??? :D

So much wonderful info. We will be on the Star in August and your observations and photos are so helpful. We were on her when she was quite new and so glad to see your updates. Love your upbeat read on all. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the review and for sharing your photos. It's nice to read a review of a Princess sailing from the perspective of someone who hasn't cruised the line before. Helps us to appreciate what we have :)

Really enjoyed your review. We would like to do a Pacific Coastal but the flight price is quite expensive from Ontario. It is on my bucket list though. You mentioned doing the New England cruise with Carnival as the price was the best. We did that cruise last year sailing out of NYC, which was amazing, and did Boston, Portland, Saint John, NB and Halifax, NS and loved it. We got an amazing price so we couldn't pass it up. We are Princess cruisers but really enjoyed Carnival and would sail again if the price was right! Thanks again.

Thanks for the review. It was a nostalgic one for me. We enjoyed the Star Princess and your pics of Butchart Gardens were a pleasant reminder of our own visit there. Your closeups of the butterflies were excellent.:D