Heathrow to Bishopsgate transportation for 5

I've been googling, and checking threads here, and the more research I do, the more confused I get! We will be travelling this summer, and will require transportation from Heathrow to our hotel on Bishopsgate (not sure, but is the "postcode" for this area E1?) for our group of 5. Trying to figure out what the best way to do this would be. I'm assuming we will require a MPV+ since we will have 6 pieces of luggage as well. Any suggestions or advice on economical and efficient companies to deal with? Is it better to just get a cab when we get there, or should we book ahead? Thank you for your help.

Yes - you should most certainly book ahead. Searching will bring up many taxi and private hire companies and you should shop around a bit. Taking a taxi (and you would need two) from the rank at the airport could be three times the cost of a pre-booked minibus (van). They usually give you a contact number to phone them when you have landed - if you don't have a cellphone, there are public phones available.

http://www.simplyairports.co.uk/contact-us.html

http://www.airports-shuttle-express.com/london-taxi-reservation/book-taxi-from-london-ec2-(bishopsgate)-to-london-heathrow-airport-(lhr).html

Are just two that I found.

You will need to book an 8 seater to take 5 people plus cruise luggage. I ran a quote on a random date in June and got £70 which seems pretty reasonable to me. Remember that your hotel is the other side of London to Heathrow.

You might like to have a scan through this http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-s304/London:United-Kingdom:Taxis.And.Rental.Cars.html

Edited by Bob++

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. That was just what I needed to know, and really helped. I WAS on the right track after all, and all your links were helpful. Much appreciated, and we're really looking forward to spending a few days in your part of the world! (The last time we were in London we had 2 hours to see the sights - so 3 days seems like a real luxury, even though we're having to make many choices - oh well, we'll just have to come back again!)

... to our hotel on Bishopsgate (not sure, but is the "postcode" for this area E1?) ...
No. It's part of EC2. Most probably either part of EC2M or EC2N, depending on where your hotel is, but a taxi or minicab company probably only needs to know EC2 at this stage.