e-cigs

I was a pro-Ecigarette until a woman sat next to me in Las Vegas. It was one, I'm assuming like yours, and the smell of the vapor was awful and actually ran some of away. If you insist on using it where regular cigarettes and e-cigarettes are not welcomed, please use a non-flavored one. I certainly know that if I'm sitting next to someone on my cruises (outside the smoking area) and the smell was a putrid as the one in Vegas, I'm sorry to say that I would unfortunately have to complain.

Sadly, some people push the limits just to get a reaction. I personally would never force my habit on those around me. I'm very discreet about my e-cig and it pisses me off when I see others flaunt theirs. Especially when they're blowing huge clouds of vapor just to get a reaction from someone.

You can smoke them anywhere too, nobody seems or dares to care.. even in the MDR during muster drill, isn't that great?

;)

They sold them on the sun and the rules were that they could only be used in the approved smoking areas however many did use them elsewhere and were often but not always asked by staff to stop

We saw more passengers ask them to move than crew, including me.

Edited by Tiggertastic

I was a pro-Ecigarette until a woman sat next to me in Las Vegas. It was one, I'm assuming like yours, and the smell of the vapor was awful and actually ran some of away. If you insist on using it where regular cigarettes and e-cigarettes are not welcomed, please use a non-flavored one. I certainly know that if I'm sitting next to someone on my cruises (outside the smoking area) and the smell was a putrid as the one in Vegas, I'm sorry to say that I would unfortunately have to complain.

We all know what to "assume" means huh ..

No, it is clearly not the same eliquid. Ours has no smell - it only has a menthol taste - which does not smell at all.

That aside, I wouldnt use it "up close and personal" with anyone let alone on a cruise ship. As I said,discretion is the key, and perhaps should have added "and in your own bubble" (if that makes sense:))

I know how you feel though, I feel the same when stuck in an elevator with the great unwashed - or those with sweet sickly perfumes. Problem with that one is there doesn't seem to be a protocol of complaint for stinkin folks...:rolleyes:

We all know what to "assume" means huh ..

No, it is clearly not the same eliquid. Ours has no smell - it only has a menthol taste - which does not smell at all.

That aside, I wouldnt use it "up close and personal" with anyone let alone on a cruise ship. As I said,discretion is the key, and perhaps should have added "and in your own bubble" (if that makes sense:))

I know how you feel though, I feel the same when stuck in an elevator with the great unwashed - or those with sweet sickly perfumes. Problem with that one is there doesn't seem to be a protocol of complaint for stinkin folks...:rolleyes:

Why is it that whenever someone brings up the smell of cigarettes or in this case e-cigarette, the counter is always the great unwashed or smelly perfumes. Just because one does like the smell of the e-cigarette, doesn't mean that they don't have the same adversion to the smelly person. The difference is, in the instance I mentioned about the e-cigarette, is that it is not allowed in certain areas and that is where I would complain. If they are where they are allowed (smoking areas), I don't think that stinkin smell would be an issue that anyone should complain about.

Also, just as I would complain about an out-of-smoking-area smelly e-cigarette, you have the right to go to the ship's management and complain about those unwashed folks or those that use too much smelly perfume, but please don't forget about those with bad breath, reek from the smell of garlic or other spicess, reek of alcohol, etc., because they are all just as offensive.