Legend, May 25: Various Qs about embark, drinks, etc...

KLag

Tried to find answers myself, but can't seem to (and I've been reading the CC forums nonstop for the past 2 days now!):

1. I know that each adult over 21 is allowed to bring a bottle of wine (750ml max) and a 12-pack of soda with them as a carry-on. Now: Does the soda *technically* need to be IN a bag? Seems like it will be easier to just carry the box of sodas instead of trying to offload them into a bag where they jumble around. As an aside, my husband and I are planning on ONLY doing carry-on backpacks if we can help it (we pack light), so if we can limit it to a backpack and a 12-pack box of soda each, that would be a big help. If it helps, our embark/debark port is Tampa.

2. My passport is recently expired, so I will be using my original (stamped) birth certificate and valid photo ID. I believe this is enough for embark (it certainly was when I used to be a check-in agent for another cruise line many moons ago :rolleyes:), but I have read in places that it needs to be stamped AND signed? Mine is 30 years old, so the stamp isn't super crisp, but it is most certainly stamped, but not signed by a notary or anything. Also, and I assume the answer to this is yes, will I be allowed off the ship in Belize and Honduras with just a BC as my proof of citizenship? I know the caribbean and mexico is fine, but I've never gone to a port in central america.

3. My husband is a UK citizen with a green card. I indicated that he was a non-resident, and got an email saying he needs to have a printout of his ESTA information since the UK is a visa waiver country. However, like I said, he has a green card and technically doesn't use the visa waiver program anymore due to this, so I'm assuming this doesn't apply. Is he ok with just bringing his green card, passport, and driver's license?

Thank you all in advance, and sorry if there's an obvious answer that I've missed - I've cruised many times before, but it was when I was a child/teen (last time was 9 years ago), and I've never cruised Carnival before. Excited!!! :D:D

Little confused by #3. You say your husband is a "non-resident", yet he has a green card, which is for resident aliens. Did you mean that he is a non-citizen? That may explain the ESTA mix-up.

With regards to Belize, you can contact the cruise line (not totally reliable), or the US State Dept for travel documentation required for Belize, or their consulate.

We were on the April 27 Legend cruise.

Lots of people carrying on 12 pack of soda in the box. No bag.

We did not leave the port area in Belize. No need for any documentation other than Sigh & Sail card to board tenders.

We enjoyed M beach in Honduras. Same story.

Hope that helps.

Just a note on the Esta...

Would it just be worth going online and filling it out just in case?

Its done within minutes and is approved immediately if successful...make sure its at least 72 hours beforehand though.

I know he probably doesn't need one but for a few minutes and $8 its better for peace of mind.

Failing that he could just get advice from the UK embassy representative in your state.

Edited by Velvetwater