Alaska in late September - C-c-c-cold?

zoicca

We are on a cruise out of Vancouver on NCL (but the name of the ship escapes me right now). It is in late Septeber, departing on Sept 23. What can we expect in terms of the weather? Will this be freezing cold? One of the ladies in our group is a 'cold person' who like her heat set at 80 year round. Miserable time ahead, or will she (and the rest of the group) still have a pleasant time? Will swimming on the ships pool be off limits? Tips and thoughts on what to expect in late Sept appreciated.

Edited by zoicca

We are on a cruise out of Vancouver on NCL (but the name of the ship escapes me right now). It is in late Septeber, departing on Sept 23. What can we expect in terms of the weather? Will this be freezing cold? One of the ladies in our group is a 'cold person' who like her heat set at 80 year round. Miserable time ahead, or will she (and the rest of the group) still have a pleasant time? Will swimming on the ships pool be off limits? Tips and thoughts on what to expect in late Sept appreciated.

You just never know. We live in Vancouver and many times in September it is warm it is what we call an Indian summer. Other times like when we went to Alaska mid September it rained was cold and the worst seas the Captain had ever seen. Weather all depends on Mother Nature. Sometimes in July or August it can be wet and cold? I doubt it will be freezing cold, maybe cool.

we went to Alaska out of Vancouver last September and were prepared for cold & raining. It turned out to be sunny and 65-70 the entire week. I never even put on a jacket. LOL The locals in Ketchikan were complaining about the heat.

We are on a cruise out of Vancouver on NCL (but the name of the ship escapes me right now). It is in late Septeber, departing on Sept 23. What can we expect in terms of the weather? Will this be freezing cold? One of the ladies in our group is a 'cold person' who like her heat set at 80 year round. Miserable time ahead, or will she (and the rest of the group) still have a pleasant time? Will swimming on the ships pool be off limits? Tips and thoughts on what to expect in late Sept appreciated.[/quote

Pack for cold,wet weather and hope for dry, warm weather!icon7.gif