Cheap.. Good Food and lots of it?

NickandEi

Will be in OSJ the night before our cruise and looking for PR food that is reasonable and plentyful... I was thinking dragonfly but I heard that they dont give u alot.. I need big portions for a big lady.. LOL.. anyone got a recommendation?:cool:

Will be in OSJ the night before our cruise and looking for PR food that is reasonable and plentyful... I was thinking dragonfly but I heard that they dont give u alot.. I need big portions for a big lady.. LOL.. anyone got a recommendation?:cool:

NickandEI,

We ate at two different restuarants in OSJ - Barrachina (you can look at the website for the menu) www.barrachina.com. They have a really nice outside patio and they are famous for their pina calodas (sp?) and they also have good sangria. We also ate at Metropol - this is a chain of local restuarants they specialize in Cuban Food $8 - $15 and you were served quite a bit of food. Both restuarants were very good and I would eat there again. I think Metropol has a few locations.

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Try:

La Fonda del Jibarito (280 Calle Sol) for some real Puerto Rican food.

La Bombonera (259 Calle San Francisco) 100 yr old baker/cafe. Try the mallorcas for breakfast with a cup of their own grown coffee...also serve lunch. It's been around for 100 years and the locals all go there....must be doing something right !!!!!

or further out try:

Pamela's (at the Numero Uno Guesthouse) 1 Santa Ana -Ocean Park for Caribbean yummies.

NOW I'M HUNGRY :p

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be in San Juan for about 5 days and looking for a good paella. We also enjoy calamares with sangria. It's our anniversary; we've read Pamela's is a good place to celebrate. Any other recommendations for fine dining? We're leaving the kids with Gma. :) Thanks!

Doug and Karen

When we were in San Juan, we ate at place called Bebos (COndado area), which the bellman at our hotel recomended. Nothing flashy (at all) but very clean and delicious Puerto Rican food at great prices, we were so thankful that we brought the bellman back a cuban sandwich. We also ate at Dragonfly, very nice atmosphere but they serve small portions called tapas. I love tapas because I like to try alittle of everything, it was also delicious!

We'll be in San Juan for about 5 days and looking for a good paella. We also enjoy calamares with sangria. It's our anniversary; we've read Pamela's is a good place to celebrate. Any other recommendations for fine dining? We're leaving the kids with Gma. :) Thanks!

Doug and Karen

For seafood paella and sangria, I would recommend "Marisqueria Atlantica" Address: 7 Lugo Vinas St. in Puerta de Tierra Ph. 787-722-0890

This is located on the avenue that goes from the Hilton Hotel to Old San Juan, on s side street before you reach the Capitol building in OSJ. Any taxi driver will know it.

It is a combination of Spanish or Mediterranean/Puerto Rican restaurant. Been there a couple of times. Also my son has taken business groups there and everyone loved it.

Archived