Tour saver for single travelers

Tee & Chilli

if you have specific excursions in mind, you'd need to call each vendor and ask what they can do for you.

You might want to look at the Northern Lights coupon book to see if there's anything of interest. The discounts are similar, 2 fer, but it's a much cheaper investment.

Check groupons.

Check with your roll call. You might find another single who would be happy to share the cost. The trick will be finding someone with similar interests.

if you have specific excursions in mind, you'd need to call each vendor and ask what they can do for you.

You might want to look at the Northern Lights coupon book to see if there's anything of interest. The discounts are similar, 2 fer, but it's a much cheaper investment.

Check groupons.

Check with your roll call. You might find another single who would be happy to share the cost. The trick will be finding someone with similar interests.

I feel that we only saved $50 after the cost of the book.:confused:

I feel that we only saved $50 after the cost of the book.:confused:

The idea is to purchase the book only if you can make use of the discounts offered. Otherwise, why buy it?

From what I recall, there weren't many discounts for someone on a cruise; more for land travel before or after. Some people save several hundred dollars by using the coupons.... they took a flightseeing trip in Talkeetna, a Kenai cruise, SeaLife Center, riverboat trip, hotels, etc.

We had to cancel a few excursions due to weather issues so we only broke even on our coupon book. When I returned our RV I left my book with the next family going out .... hope it brought them lots of fun.

I am basically a solo traveler.

For my cabin, I have a friend, who I met through a different travel forum who is also traveling solo with our group of friends. She is sharing the cabin with me and helping cut the cost per person down, which actually allowed us to get a verandah stateroom for what it would have cost for each of us to book an inside stateroom with the single supplement.

For my excursions, I figured out what I wanted to do at each port stop and then watched their websites and booked my excursions as early as possible - late December/early January. Many of the vendors were offering early booking discounts that saved me money on most of my planned excursions. Savings of $25 to $80 per excursion. This way I was not tied to using a coupon from the book or depending on my friend wanting to do the same things as me.

Since my friend has decided to travel the land portion with me, we chose to purchase the Northern Lights books to use some of the 2 for 1 discounts for Museums, Trams, Sea Life Center, etc... None of our excursions were offered in the book or for the few that were, we found a better deal by booking early using special discounts offered by the company.

I am basically a solo traveler.

For my cabin, I have a friend, who I met through a different travel forum who is also traveling solo with our group of friends. She is sharing the cabin with me and helping cut the cost per person down, which actually allowed us to get a verandah stateroom for what it would have cost for each of us to book an inside stateroom with the single supplement.

For my excursions, I figured out what I wanted to do at each port stop and then watched their websites and booked my excursions as early as possible - late December/early January. Many of the vendors were offering early booking discounts that saved me money on most of my planned excursions. Savings of $25 to $80 per excursion. This way I was not tied to using a coupon from the book or depending on my friend wanting to do the same things as me.

Since my friend has decided to travel the land portion with me, we chose to purchase the Northern Lights books to use some of the 2 for 1 discounts for Museums, Trams, Sea Life Center, etc... None of our excursions were offered in the book or for the few that were, we found a better deal by booking early using special discounts offered by the company.

Great ideas and tips, for solo travelers or not. Thanks for your post!