Just off Serenade: Alaska

We have been in 7176, aft (Alaska)....absolutely awesome, the best ever and we got it with luck through a guarantee booking about 3 weeks before sailing.

Can I just ask if you had any problems with noise from the bar/club below in cabin 7176. We have it reserved and are just worried about the noise from below. Thanks!

Hi Claire1

We really didn't notice much at all. Sometimes we would faintly hear music until 11:30-midnight at the absolute latest, but it was not bad. I can not stand to hear other peoples music and I was not bothered. Of course we were out of the room or on the balcony most of the time. The room was great. There is enough of an overhang that you could be out there even if it was raining. I don't know if the room stewards change locations like the waiters do weekly, but we had a great guy...Emmanuel from Trindad - Tobago. His wife had a baby while we were on board.

We're just curious, when are you going?

Leaving on the Serenade in 10 days! YEAH!

I'm trying to plan which nights to get a sitter & go to Chops & Portofino's, and I'd like to make them "smart casual" nights (packing strategies!). I understand Monday & Friday were formal nights; do those of you just back remember which nights were "smart casual"?

Thanks,

Barb

I just pulled out my cruise compass from mid June - day 1 casual, 2 formal, 3 smart casual/country, 4 casual, 5 formal, 6 casual/50's & 60's, ... and 7 casual. We know the formal nights are still correct as we are still in contact with one of the waiters.

You are soooo lucky...enjoy the trip!

I just pulled out my cruise compass from mid June - day 1 casual, 2 formal, 3 smart casual/country, 4 casual, 5 formal, 6 casual/50's & 60's, ... and 7 casual. We know the formal nights are still correct as we are still in contact with one of the waiters.

Thank you so much! This works out perfectly.

For the "theme" nights, isn't it odd that they don't let you know ahead of time so you can bring the proper clothes? Not me or my husband would dress "country", but my kids would probably love it.

Barb

We're just curious, when are you going?

We are on the 1/14/06 sailing. This is our first balcony. I've always been a fan of the cheapie inside cabins, but from all I have been reading, the balcony sounds like it is worth it.

Thanks so much for info. re the noise, we don't go to bed before midnight, so this should be fine.

Nerak: Can I ask you one more question. I know I can find the answer searching the boards as this has probably been addressed several thousand times, but...we're new to RCI. Can you book Chops and Portifino in advance? Don't know if it matters, but we're coming in as Platinum members based on our Celebrity cruises. If you can't book in advance, should we go there first thing when we get on the ship? Do the speciality restaurants usually fill up on certain nights?

Thanks again, Claire

We have never eaten at either, although we have heard that they are great. I've read on here that you can not book in advance, so go do it when you get on board. From any phone on board you can dial 3340 for Chops reservations and 3341 for Portofinos...found that in my Compass. :D On the ship we heard a lot of people went on Italian night. I have to agree that the menu that night is not our favorite. Since we have been on the Serenade twice this year within a month, two different routes, we can't remember which night that was.

• 3 years later...
Don't miss Ramon De La Cruz. He plays the guitar in the atrium lobby during the early evening hours. He is a fantastic guitar player. We bought his CD because we couldn't take him home and didn't want to miss his music!

Go and listen at least once. Just beautiful. It reminded me that some of the most beautiful parts of our world don't require a visa or a cell phone:)

Karin

Karin,

You wouldn't happen to know where to get a copy of his CD would you? My wife and I were unable to get his CD the week of 8/29/08 - 9/5/08 because he sold out. I asked if he had a website, which he doesn't. I found his email address and a lady on this site confirmed the address with the one inside the CD graphics, but I haven't heard back from him yet and I would love to purchase his CD.

Thanks,

Eddie

Archived