Early saver/ Changing our cruise?

RexyCruiser

I have a question...I booked an early saver 5 day cruise to Canada for $1200. I want to switch my cruise to a Caribbean one that is $700. I know there is a $50 non-refundable deposit, so with 2 of us that is $100. Will Carnival then refund us the $400 difference between the 2 cruise or will we get OBC? :confused: I could call Carnival but I'm working now so that's not an option to later. Thanks!!

I have a question...I booked an early saver 5 day cruise to Canada for $1200. I want to switch my cruise to a Caribbean one that is $700. I know there is a $50 non-refundable deposit, so with 2 of us that is $100. Will Carnival then refund us the $400 difference between the 2 cruise or will we get OBC? :confused: I could call Carnival but I'm working now so that's not an option to later. Thanks!!

If you rebook at the same time that you cancel and you are not within a penalty period your new cruise will be paid in full and the remaining money (minues the $50pp penalty) will be given to you in the form of an OBC.

If you simply cancel, Carnival will refund everything but $250 pp as long as you're not in the penalty period.

You can then rebook, just don't do it at the same time.

Wrong information. If you cancel before final payment, you will lose $50 PP and the rest of your deposit would be put in escrow for a future cruise. When you rebook your future cruise at a later time, you'd still pay the deposit and what's in escrow would be applied to balance owed.

If you rebook at the same time I think they just apply your initial deposit minus the $50 pp to the new cruise.

Edited by Sparky2

[/u][/b]Wrong information. If you cancel before final payment, you will lose $50 PP and the rest of your deposit would be put in escrow for a future cruise. When you rebook your future cruise at a later time, you'd still pay the deposit and what's in escrow would be applied to balance owed.

If you rebook at the same time I think they just apply your initial deposit minus the $50 pp to the new cruise.

Exactly. This is the correct information.

I recommend calling Carnival & trying to switch it. I had luck doing the same thing last month. We were booked on a 5-day and switched to a 7-day. We were booked under ES too, and they let me do an even switch and did not penalize me at all. It all depends on who you get, it seems.