Late flight on disembarking day.... place to store luggage in New Orleans?

We are on the Dream in December out of New Orleans. We are looking at a flight home on disembarking day that doesn't leave until about 7pm. We don't want to go directly from the ship to the airport and sit there all day but we also don't want to sight see with our luggage. Is there anywhere we could store our luggage at the Carnival port for a few hours before we head to the airport?

We are on the Dream in December out of New Orleans. We are looking at a flight home on disembarking day that doesn't leave until about 7pm. We don't want to go directly from the ship to the airport and sit there all day but we also don't want to sight see with our luggage. Is there anywhere we could store our luggage at the Carnival port for a few hours before we head to the airport?

Last November when we were waiting for a taxi, I noticed a luggage storage booth just outside the terminal. Did not need it so don 't have any info for you. Maybe google and see if you can find some info about it?

Edited by mississauga

Same here..we used a service right at the port terminal when we arrived in NOLA at the end of the Sunshine TA....dropped our bags with the service, hit the French Quarter, then got them at baggage claim at the airport...was originally going to cost my wife and I about $42...but they gave us a "group" deal for myself, wife, bro-in-law and a friend of us...worked out very well....If your were to do a google search on rush it courier service you may find info on it.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same situation, so I have been doing some research and I found the following on the Port of NO website:

Baggage Transfer Services

Rush It Courier Service operates a baggage transfer service at the cruise terminals that will deliver your baggage from the terminal to the airport. This is a perfect service for those that have later flights and want to enjoy the sights of the City after the cruise and before departing for home. A great way to extend the vacation. We are also working on a system to deliver bags from the airport to the cruise terminal on arrival, to allow those early arrivals to start their vacations early. For more information and rates, call (504) 471-0080.

After doing some Googling, I have found that "Rush It Courier Service" also goes by "Advance Checkin" and they have a website here. Looks like you can either store your bags there at the terminal while you go touring, or you can have them deliver the bags to the airport for you, for a bit more money.

If you search for Advance Check in or Rush It Courier, lots of CruiseCritic threads come up. You'll find a lot of positive reviews and some not-so positive ones. I really don't want to lug my stuff around while we see the sites so I'm probably going to take the risk and give them a try.

Hope that helps! :)