Elation drydock?

I see Elation is on the drydock schedule for fall. Any idea if this is for the "2.0 upgrades" or just routine maintenance? What changes would likely be made? Considering a four-day next winter, and I'd love to know what all the food options will be and whether the features I like will be staying.

• 1 month later...

Curious to hear this too. I heard that they were originally planning to do 2.0 upgrades but took down the schedule of that. So who knows what they are thinking. With them working out a contract deal with NOLA, I don't know how that plays into it. I heard it was leaving NOLA at some point, which may mean that they won't do it. Hope that is not the case and they do 2.0 upgrades or something cool. I think my cruise is the second one after dry dock, so I guess I will know then.

Yup... Any "branding changes" that can bring it inline with 2.0 (red frog rum and blue iguana) I think is all it's going to get....maybe a big screen, since it's 8 years younger than the fantasy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival Elation

Ship Class: Fantasy Year Built: 1998 Previous Dry-Dock: October 2011 Upcoming Scheduled Dry-Dock: 9/25/14 - 10/09/14

Notes: As of June 27, 2014, Go CCL is showing 9/25/14 - 10/09/14 as the dates for the Carnival Elation's dry-dock on the ship's fact sheet. Also as of June 27, 2014, the Carnival booking engine is showing that these dates are blocked off. The Carnival Elation was listed on the original FunShip 2.0 implementation schedule, but that schedule was removed from Carnival's website and has not been followed exactly since then. There is no indication yet if the Carnival Elation will receive FunShip 2.0 or not. No official information about upgrades or changes have been released.

I highly doubt that a Fantasy Class ship will get the extensive 2.0 upgrades.....they are saving the 2.0 upgrades for Conquest and Dream class ships

I disagree my northern misguided sports fan friend. I think like the qoute below that since the elation and paradise did not recieve evolutions of fun they will get 2.0 uogrades. The staterooms still have the big corner box lol. Besides that when 2.0 came out they were the only two fantasy class to be on the list.

http://cruiseradio.net/fun-ship-2-0-upgrade-schedule/

Elation skipped Evolutions of Fun Upgrade in favor for Funship2.0 in 2014.. I would imagine they would do some upgrades....

I disagree my northern misguided sports fan friend. I think like the qoute below that since the elation and paradise did not recieve evolutions of fun they will get 2.0 uogrades. The staterooms still have the big corner box lol. Besides that when 2.0 came out they were the only two fantasy class to be on the list.

Right, and lets not forget the Elation was built in 1998.. with the Fantasy ( a current Carnival Ship as well) being built in 1990.. I suspect that the older ships may get some rebranding of current areas (pool bars becoming Red Frog Rum, and Blue Iguana Cantinas) won't get much in the way of renovations.. but I do think the last two will get a few more... A Guys? Maybe not they didn't even put that on the Dream.. but we will see...

Right, and lets not forget the Elation was built in 1998.. with the Fantasy ( a current Carnival Ship as well) being built in 1990.. I suspect that the older ships may get some rebranding of current areas (pool bars becoming Red Frog Rum, and Blue Iguana Cantinas) won't get much in the way of renovations.. but I do think the last two will get a few more... A Guys? Maybe not they didn't even put that on the Dream.. but we will see...

I think the reason the dream didn't get more was just based on timing. Her dry dock was shortly after the announcement. If the magic gets most 2.0 in her upcoming dry dock I say down the road the dream will too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the reason the dream didn't get more was just based on timing. Her dry dock was shortly after the announcement. If the magic gets most 2.0 in her upcoming dry dock I say down the road the dream will too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Possibly.. One of the things I think is interesting in the whole industry, is how similar do you attempt to make your experiences on ships...

it seems with Funship 2.0 Carnival is trying to give cruisers similar experiences across their entire fleet, which kind of fits within their business model... where as most Cruise Lines try to make each ship it's own unique experience...

Carnival's business plan calls for replacing the older ships with more fuel efficient ships over time. I don't see these older ships getting anything except carpet, furnishings, mattresses, etc. during dry dock.

That's every cruise line's business plan.. but looking right now, the Fantasy is 8 years older than the Elation, and still in the fleet.. not to mention, Carnival at this time only has one ship on order right, so it would seem, safe to say that the Elation has another decade worth of fun left... so yes, the 2.0 upgrades would make sense there...