Blog: What Makes a True Cunarder?

LauraS

Steel!

J

...and paper and ink - Cunarder is the title of the publication mailed to World Club members. Previously the title was The Cunarder, but the latest U.S. edition is simply Cunarder titled on the cover. While on page 39, it is referred to as The Cunarder. Clearly, Cunard can't be accused of consistency. -S.

Edited by Salacia

...and paper and ink - Cunarder is the title of the publication mailed to World Club members. Previously the title was The Cunarder, but the latest U.S. edition is simply Cunarder titled on the cover. While on page 39, it is referred to as The Cunarder. Clearly, Cunard can't be accused of consistency. -S.

Well, the suits who drive the Carnival brand known as Cunard can, of course, do and say just as they please.

But, for myself, I am a traditionalist. As far as I am concerned, ships have decks not "floors", the paying public who travel on them are passengers not "guests", and while on board they live in cabins not "rooms". And, above all, Cunarders are ships.

J

Well, the suits who drive the Carnival brand known as Cunard can, of course, do and say just as they please.

But, for myself, I am a traditionalist. As far as I am concerned, ships have decks not "floors", the paying public who travel on them are passengers not "guests", and while on board they live in cabins not "rooms". And, above all, Cunarders are ships.

J

Those who drive the brand don't wear suits anymore. And their ties appear to have been removed. Check out their publicity shots.

Purser Desk, not Front Office. Fore, aft - not front and back. Port, starboard, not right and left. These are the things long writ in remembrance.

Edited by Salacia

I'll pass on that if you don't mind. Vomit and keyboards rarely work well together. :eek:

J

Yes. Sorry, but it's not like they were dressed for dinner on a Cunard ship. Covering the bases, so to speak.

Edited by Salacia