Can I use DH's Seapass Card ?

maybe they factored a little sharing going on into the price of it. my guess is by next year after a summer of sharing/i didnt know i was sharing ,they will change it back or limit the time or drinks per day.

Yes, you are correct, that is sharing (and I am not the sharing police, so I could careless if people share their card). But the OP was asking if she would get turned away while using her husbands card while he was else where. So my point was that it didn't matter to the bartender what name was on the card, as long as there was one card for every drink.

yes it DOES matter to the BT.. sure there are 3 cards, 3 drinks.. but the guy handing over the cards is ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT ONE OF THE CARDS BELONGS TO.

John Smith CANNOT hand over cards belonging to Mary Smith, James Doe and George Jones and get 3 drinks. they WILL compare the pictures on each card and unless he also hands over the card assigned to himself to get that 4th drink, he will not be allowed to get them.

the OP finally clarified that the package is for HER use . therefore the package needs to be in HER name and on HER card, doesn't matter that her husband will be the one physically procuring the majority of the beverages.

There are LOTS of "honest souls" left "in the US".:rolleyes: The glass is either half empty or half full......

Maybe I just happen to live next to the shallow end of the gene pool. Or, maybe you're walking around with blinders on. Who knows? Either way, I have very little confidence in Americans these days......especially the children I see all day while working in the school system. :(

Edited by Out to sea!

I hadn't intended on addressing this issue again but considering so many are interested I will spend a little more time here.

Firstly, I'm not sure how clearer than stating ' we do not intend on sharing the package' I should have been so that people would understand that well, we do not intend on sharing the package. Many people grasped my post perfectly well so I really don't think there is any problem with my grasp of English.

verb (used with object), shared, shar·ing.

to divide and distribute in shares; apportion.

Source http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sharing?s=t

So no, again, we would not be sharing. For now, I will disregard your intimation of me being a dishonest person but will consider contacting a moderator on this site to discuss same.

I think the biggest mistake was explaining why I might want to use my DH's seapass. I really should have just asked if anyone had experience of using their partners seapass card on board.

Finally, there may be a myriad of different reasons as to why an individual may not easily go to the bar for themselves. It's just a shame that it seems one must disclose every personal detail here on CC so as to avoid being branded dishonest.

As always, I would like to take the time to sincerely thank those who addressed my query and who are always so willing to give clear non- judgmental information.

Catherine

As other have said, you should put the package on your card. Then all you have to do is give your card to your husband to take to the bar to get you a drink. I have never went to the bar to get my own drinks. I always give my card to DH and he gets our drinks. Both of us have always had drink packages so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.